amwevnac

Please help me find my lost note!

Hi there folks. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Yesterday, I spent a very long time writing out a long note on the Android tablet version of Evernote (Nexus 7 2013, Android v. 5.1.1).

However, I did not have an internet connection at the time, so the note was not synched to the cloud. I did click on the tick icon periodically though, and so believe that the note should have been saved to the temporary memory of my tablet.

After writing the note, I came out of Evernote to do something else. I returned to the note 15 minutes later but all that was there was a blank, "Untitled" note. I believe that the note must reside somewhere on the tablet however because, if I search for words that I know were in the note, the note does show in the search results but only as blank and untitled. For example, if I had written about elephants, I search for the word "elephant", and the note shows up, but empty.

I'm obviously gutted, because I put a lot of work into the document and I was wondering if there is any way to retrieve the work that I put in.

Many thanks.
A.

Many thanks Gazumped, but unfortunately, I've tried that already. I have no files in my "unsaved notes" folder, though I'm convinced the data must be there somewhere. As I say, searching for the note's contents still brings it up, just without any of those contents!

Hmmn.  The information may still be in an index, though the original notes are gone.  I don't know enough about the Android folder hierarchy to suggest anything further - can you find something to search through your phone for those specific words?  The only other folder location I've seen is here - "Android/data/com.Evernote/user-xxxxxx/"