Useful to have both Beta and Original interfaces available

Derek E-Jay

Idea

Whilst the Beta is beautifully minimal, I've found it useful to be able to switch between both views.

- the Beta is excellent for uncluttered content production,

- the original interface is useful for organisation, and ensuring structure, which seems almost impossible in the Beta interface, given the differing information density available

Please don't delete the original interface...it's why I came to Evernote in the first place!

All the same, thanks for being awesome,

5 replies to this idea

Thank you for the feedback. We are continuing to look at ways we can improve the Beta so it is as functional as the old client. - Nancy 

I don't think there is anything wrong with the old client, just a few rough edges here and there, it's usable, functional, and presents your data in a meaningful way.

The redesign appear's to be change for the sake of change. The new layout adds ZERO to productivity, but add's a lot in making your data unintelligible.

Please bear in mind that people will have been using the old client for a reason, and such a drastic change with the removal of a lot of functionality is going to make people unhappy and look for an alternative product.

Whilst the Beta is beautifully minimal, I've found it useful to be able to switch between both views.

- the Beta is excellent for uncluttered content production,

- the original interface is useful for organisation, and ensuring structure, which seems almost impossible in the Beta interface, given the differing information density available

Please don't delete the original interface...it's why I came to Evernote in the first place!

All the same, thanks for being awesome,

Exactly.

I use old in this computer to my account and the new clean beta in the laptop with a work related account

It seems to me like we could spend for ever saying:

"I like it and this is why."

"I hate it and this is why."

"It sucks and this is why."

"I love it and this is why."

Let's face it, we ain't gonna agree no way never.

The ideal? Horses for courses.

Evernote could keep both versions running and work to make them both better.

Archived