• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Business Beta - Spaces   12/20/2017

We're very excited to announce the public beta of an upcoming rework for Evernote Business! To learn more, go Here
    • Shane D.

2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
tacobravo

Feature Request: Hide or archive notes

Idea

I have thousands of notes in Evernote, mostly about completed consulting projects. I don't want to delete them, but they also clutter up, to a significant degree, my ability to search and sort on the current, relevant stuff--specially because many of the topics and keywords overlap among clients. How do I "archive" or "hide" the old stuff, without deleting it, so that my current notes are easier to manage? I am very familiar with the concept of Notebooks, but what I really need is an entirely new database. I don't want to create a second account. Surely this issue has come up before. 

• Like 9

105 replies to this idea

6 hours ago, DTLow said:

Selective sync is a feature on the mobile platforms (IOS/Android)
                         How-to-set-up-offline-notebooks-on-mobile-devices
For the Win platform, there is a Demand Sync option
The web platform is internet access; there is no downloaded data

On my iPad, the default is "Do not download notes"
I can select "all" or specific notebooks to download

255B2C65-AF26-4AB6-B61C-40BF6803745B.thumb.jpeg.a74f04d274c65942c53eb7d4dff54729.jpeg

4 hours ago, CalS said:

Unless you have offline notebooks set EN only syncs the note header information to your phone.  Creating a second account to archive your notes would solve your search problem.  A Basic account would work if you manage the transfer of notes.  

Offline notebooks doesn't allow us to keep the workplace lean. Also I don't need to deal with multiple Evernote accounts and transferring notes just to have a basic archive feature. I found a much more convenient solution already with Pocket + Evernote integration. I am using Pocket most of the time since it is much lighter and reading is much more comfortable in it. Pocket has archiving feature and searching only in archive or everywhere is your choice.

13 minutes ago, faruk.kutlu said:

I found a much more convenient solution...

Whatever works for you is fine

My preference is to stick with the Evernote service and archive my notes using the solutions presented in this discussion.  I'm not prepared to give up the features of this service

3 hours ago, faruk.kutlu said:

Offline notebooks doesn't allow us to keep the workplace lean.

My point was that if you don't have offline notebooks checked your notes aren't consuming the full amount of space.  I use about 130 MB on my phone for a 15 GB data base.  Sounds like your lean need has more to do with archiving in any case.  Glad pocket provides that lean solution for you.