Error message when clicking "Save" in Firefox

PHL

Hi,

I get the following messge when clicking "Save" in Firefox in the Evernote popup :

[Exception... "File error: Not found"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/Philippe/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/avx73z3b.default/extensions/%7BE0B8C461-F8FB-49b4-8373-FE32E9252800%7D.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/net.js :: sendXhrBinary :: line 132"  data: no]

I have installed Evernote recently (meaning the FF extension is a fresh one).

Can somebody advise ?

Thanks in advance.

- Philippe

Hi,

I'm using Win 8.1, w/ Firefox 37.0.2, and Evenote Web Clipper 6.0.15.

I also have the latest destop version of Evernote installed (got an update this morning).

When on a web where from which I want to clip, I click on the Evenote button that pops a small black window w/ a large green "Save" ("Enregistrer" in French) button.

Whatever the kind of clipping I try (full page, article, etc.) I get the error msg I mentionned.

Thanks if you have any hint.

Thanks, found it by myself ;-)

BTW, occurs on the same website/page in 5.9 and 6.x : Get the error msg w/ 6.x and get an "Impossible capture" in 5.9

Note that 6.x allows for "Simplified article" capture option in addition to "Article" whereas 5.9 did not offer such choice.

In 6.x the capture is successful, even on the "offending" site, when choosing "Article" instead of "Simplified article". WTF ?.... Never mind.

Thanks for your assistance.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using Linux Mint with Firefox 38 and the latest Evernote Web Clipper addon v6.0.15. I am also experiencing this issue. Occasionally, while trying to clip web pages will produce this error message (or other similar ones).

[Exception... "File error: Not found"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/net.js :: sendXhrBinary :: line 132"  data: no]

This happens when clipping a web page as a Simplified Article. It's funny how random this seems to be. Not every web page results in this error, but I keep getting these messages everyday. And when it does happen, I can switch the clipping options to Article, Full Page or Bookmark and the clipping works.

@juliohm : the same error keeps on occurring here and then, for no apparent reason.

Occurs only when "simplified" capture is selected.

Since you are Linux and I am Windows 8.1, it dos not seem to be OS-related.

I live with it and do not expect a fix / workaround anymore.

It does not seem to attract much interest from the Evernote community ...

Has anyone the same problem with another browser, or is it specific to Firefox ?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting "Error: EDAMUserException" when clicking save in Firefox 39.0 on Windows 7 Pro SP1

I tried upgrading to latest plugin - as posted above - and that didn't work. I tried downgrading to the previous version, and that didn't work either.

I might try downgrading until I find a version that works...

Also of note; Evernote Clearly isn't working for me either.

Archived