• Announcements

• Shane D.

2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
    • Shane D.

Upcoming Forum Change Announcement   02/14/2018

Hi All! You may be seeing some changes with overall organization and layout of the discussion forums. You can learn more by going to the 'Upcoming Forum Change Announcement' in the 'Community Announcements' sub-forum!  
    • Shane D.

Announcing 'Spaces' for Evernote Business!   02/27/2018

Hi All, We're very excited to announce the launch of Spaces for Evernote Business! I invite you to find more details and learn more in our most recent Community Announcement! 

Applescript: Search specific Notebook for Note Title starting with...

Hi guys; struggling here ....

Need to search a specific notebook for a note whose title starts with a string.

Notebook: 2014-2015 Notes

Title to Search for: XXX -

I can search OK, but my search searches all notebooks and not the one I am specifying, also I don't seem to be able to work out how to search for titles starting with the text, as it finds notes with the text anywhere in the title.

I am using...

tell application id "com.evernote.evernote"	set nRef to "351 -"	set notebook1 to "2014-2015 Notes"	set myNotes to find notes "intitle:" & nRef	repeat with myNote in myNotes		display dialog ((myNote's title) as string)	end repeatend tell

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

Hi Phil,

Actually you're not doing anything wrong.  "intitle" does a "contains" search; the search grammar doesn't support a "starts with" search for the title field AFAIK.  You'll likely have to do your own post-processing of returned notes to weed out the ones with titles you don't want.

• Like 1