Imported OneNote files as graphics?

prr

I just imported OneNote files into Evernote. I was poking around and saw that most (but not all) of a given onenote file was imported not as editable text, but as a graphic.  This would take away a huge chunk of the usability of Evernote, if I couldn't edit the text. Is there a special way to import onenote files so that they are ALL editable text?

• Level 5*

Hi - can you give us a screenshot of the graphic content?  I'd imagine that with OneNote's ability to place text in different places,  the only way Evernote can handle the transfer of such content and show a reasonable copy of the entry is to provide a graphic rather than text.  If it's a JPG graphic however,  that shouldn't stop Evernote from running searches - it'll recognise the text in the picture.  If you need to edit the content however you would need to copy the content into a different format - maybe tables - to keep a similar layout.  It might be possible to select text in the graphic and copy/ paste it,  or there may be apps available that will extract the text for you - or you could copy and paste sections from OneNote...

Yes there are lots of little snippets of text, some of which overlap each other. I'll just put each OneNote bit of text in one large container, and then do the importing.

Archived