App crashes and syncing

I think my phone app has crashed. I can't update it nor open it. In 4 more days I will have space to sync notes. My question is, even though I can't get into my app, will the unsynced notes still sync in 4 days? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

• Level 5*
@dlab:

I'm not sure that the Evernote app crashes and syncing are related.
To fix the crashing, you will likely have to delete and reinstall the Evernote app, which means you will likely lose the unsync'd Notes.

You might want to do the following:
  1. Backup your iPhone in iTunes, using a USB cable (not wi-fi).
  2. Get an app for your Mac/PC that can read/copy the data files on your iPhone, and copy them to your Mac/PC.
    1. I forget the exact format of these files, but you should be able to open them and at least get the text part of the Notes.
    2. You can then save this Note text using TextEdit or similar text editor.
    3. When you're all done, you can use these text files on your PC/Mac to create new EN Notes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your response! Do you think if I wait 4 more days till that I have the space I need to sync any unsynced notes, that the notes will sync even though the app appears to have crashed? Then I can delete the app and reinstall it.

• Level 5*
@dlab:

Of course, it doesn't hurt to wait the 4 days if you don't need to access the other Notes on your iPhone.

But as I said above, I don't see any relationship between syncing and crashing.  I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

So I don't expect anything to change after your upload allowance is restored.

Archived