• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
phils

Exporting Contact information to a CSV file (TuskTools ContactExporter)

Idea

In response to expressed demand, I wrote a Windows utility that exports data from Evernote Contact notes to a CSV file.

TuskTools ContactExporter is currently available in an initial beta version; you can download the installer from here.  It hasn't had very extensive testing yet, so please download it and let me know via emailing support@moreproductivenow.com how it works for you.

It was a little tricky to implement because CSV files call for a consistent field list in every row (record), whereas Evernote's Contact card format allows for a variable number of elements for certain fields (namely, for email, phone, Twitter, LinkedIn, and addresses).  So I implemented the following field structure in the CSV file:

CSVFields.jpg

In other words, it implements the following rules:

For Email - it outputs the first two email address fields it finds in the note.

For Phone - it outputs the first two phone number fields it finds that are not labeled as Cell or Fax.

For Twitter, LinkedIn, and addresses - it outputs the first two values it finds for each of these field types.

As mentioned above, this is currently an initial beta.  Once it's been sufficiently tested, I will most likely put it on the market for a nominal amount.

Also as mentioned, it's currently a Windows utility.  It's possible I might expand it to other platforms; we'll see how the response goes.

• Like 2

40 replies to this idea

Hi Phils,

The project on which I'm working involves converting data from paper business cards into a CRM.  Your app is the crucial link to make this work with the EN Business Card Camera.  If you're still looking for input regarding functionality, if possible, it would be helpful to break apart the single name field into three: a first, middle and last.  And similarly, if the address data could be parsed into four fields, address, city, state and zip, that would be swell.  This is a very worthwhile tool.  Wish you the best of luck with it. 

Jennifer,

On your Windows Start Menu, go to All Programs > More Productive Now > TuskTools ContactExporter.

On 5/3/2016 at 4:55 AM, jenniferlbrowder@gmail.com said:

what do i do after I install the installer for the contact exporter? it says its installed when i click on the installer icon. is it a setting in Evernote?

24 minutes ago, phils said:

Jennifer,

On your Windows Start Menu, go to All Programs > More Productive Now > TuskTools ContactExporter.

Sorry but I just have the same problem as Jennifer and  I posted here already ,

it said it is installed (I have Windows 8), yet I can't spot it in any way... If installed, then I cannot then uninstall it either! Not able to run it (which matters in first place), not able to get rid of it if there. 

Users, any advice or comment?

Thanks for making this.

My contacts include Japanese, and unfortunately the Japanese parts are garbled. Would it be possible to fix it so that Japanese is recognized properly?

Hi all,

I had a request to add export of the Notes field from Evernote business cards, so I've added that to TuskTools ContactExporter.  I haven't had a chance to test it with very many notes, but figured I would make it available as a separate beta for now, so here is the download link for it. (No need to uninstall an existing installed version, this version will overwrite it.)

If anyone is using the Notes field and would like to try this version out, that would be great.  If you encounter any issues, please let me know via a support email.

You just made my life so much easier - was trying to find a reliable way to import contacts/ business cards into our CRM - but all the "readers" were just not creating usable fields or csv files. Amazing!

1 hour ago, phils said:

I've just posted an update to ContactExporter. The latest version exports the Notes field of a contact card note, along with the other new fields added since the initial release.

Hey Phil, looks like you have a great tool there.  Do you have any plans to provide a Mac version?