I can't find my camera icon

• Level 5*

Apologies - I seem to have answered that question a lot lately,  but I can't actually find any threads on a quick search..

The long(er) version of the answer is that you can add the camera function back into the New Note "+" button with a long press,  and once you've used the camera function you'll see the camera as the 'last note type used' in the edit screen header.  Tap the icon to choose another option.

What if i want to attach to an existing note?

Gazumped, i did search the forum, just didnt see anything that gave me an answer. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Tap the paperclip at the top in that note to add things to the note. I think you need to be in the edit mode. 

• Level 5*

Yep - you only get the "+" item when looking at a general notes view - that's to add a new note in one of the many available categories,  and you can,  as above,  include camera / document camera etc as one such type.  To add a picture to an existing note,  per @Candid you need to be in Edit.  The green spot changes to a pen,  and if you click that you'll see the paperclip,  plus an icon for the last note type that you added - which may be a camera.

• 1 year later...

I can't find my camera icon either. It comes and goes sometimes. Let me be specific! When a new notice started the camera icon is not at the top of the new note instead some kind of a brain-dead attachment icon is were the camera icon usually is. The camera option is turned on and you can press plus and get a camera note. But the question is when composing in a text note or any other kind of note how do we get the document camera icon to appear instead of the brain dead icon which only lets you attach from the camera pictures already taken? The paperclip is there too offering the same functionality pretty much as the brain dead icon which has replaced the document camera icon in the note that is being edited.?! Please help!!! ASAP this is really a Serious Problem.  Android Samsung 5 if it matters.

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Chris W said:

This is a stupid place to hide it. 20 minutes of my live I will not get back. This app is going downhill fast.

Are you sure you want to post your rants in the Android forum in a 6 month old discussion

• 8 months later...
On 2/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, DTLow said:

Are you sure you want to post your rants in the Android forum in a 6 month old discussion

Shame on you Guru, it cost me a lot of lost time and was NOT an obvious way - ie IS a clever, tricky way - to switch between ATTACH and CREATE, ie between Camera and Attach.    Hopefully based on the strength of emotions of the customers only 2 is a lot) involved, Evernote is considering alternate methods to make it plainer and simpler to do this kind of thing.  I'll say it again: NOT OBVIOUS and it should be.

Age of post is also NOT an issue, this is still the way Evernote works, and for everyday users maybe it is not a problem, but try testing newish users.  It slips right by and they are left frustrated with the app the love and hope to know - but may not because it appears as a hardware problem (internet?  evernote?  Android?  cosmic ray? too much = find another app.  Any mother will tell you: listen to your customers, and when they start getting really frustrated find out what's wrong and fix it.  

Many belated thanks to you Matt W for the simplicity and elegance of your post.  BTW the print was barely readable, but readable enough.  THANKS to you both and to all, really, Evernote is a great and indispensable app/software!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, geobike said:

Hopefully based on the strength of emotions of the customers only 2 is a lot) involved, Evernote is considering alternate methods to make it plainer and simpler to do this kind of thing. 

On other platforms (IOS/Mac) we see the the camera iconIMG_1890.thumb.jpg.5d9e7a273aadda02e81933e232beeebf.jpg
on the primary note screen with the +/paperclip (attach) icon

So there's the possibility of this latest UI will make it's way to Android

• 8 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2015 at 6:31 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Please search the forums - it's hidden under the green "+";  long press to select it again.

have also lost camera icon from top of screen

have in past selected text note ,titled note,select body, select camera icon take picture. 95 % of notes are picture only

have tried many setting changes still no joy

only icons at top now greyed out forward and back and three vertical dots

• Level 5*
On 6/30/2018 at 3:57 PM, J DAVIS said:

have also lost camera icon from top of screen

have in past selected text note ,titled note,select body, select camera icon take picture. 95 % of notes are picture only

have tried many setting changes still no joy

only icons at top now greyed out forward and back and three vertical dots

Hi.  In Android 8.1 the camera icon still appears for me in the top menu bar if I previously selected it as an option for a new note or an attachment to an existing note.  If it's not visible,  try the paperclip icon and look to attach or create a photo.  (See Matt W's post above)

If that's not working for you I'd suggest you

• Sync your existing notes
  • uninstall Evernote from your phone
  • restart the phone
  • reinstall Evernote

Archived