Business Card Capture Does Not Save Captured Cards

Hi,

I've just became a premium user of Evernote and started to capture my business cards. Although I've created a specific notebook called Business Cards for this purpose and the camera recognizes and then fills in all the info, when I click Save it just doesn't save into my notebook.

Am I missing any part or is it a similar bug for latest version of Evernote.

P.s: I'm using iPhone 6 as a device.

Thanks in advance.

I am not a Premium user but mine was doing the same when I had used the free trial 5 scans (not saving as I hadn't gone Premium). I'd suggest you check that this feature has been enabled for you at Evernote's end and that the business card feature is not still in trial mode.

Thank you for the reply. Im my case, I scanned almost 10 businesscards and the app recognized all the info andI clicked save for each.However it just doesnt appear on anywhere. How may I check that the feature is enabled and its not in trial mode?

Thanks again for the support.

• Level 5*

Hi,  The latest update to Evernote seems to have temporarily killed the business card scan - make sure you do have the latest version,  and look out for more updates.  They're working on a fix.  Meantime Scannable might be an option...

iPad App - once business card processes and I hit 'Save' the app flickers and does not save to the note.  It was working fine before this last update and now not so much.  As a Premium user I would hope this is resolved quickly as it is one of the features that I 'value'.....without it I am feeling a bit jipped.  Evernote.....I love ya to death but I need some resolution on this please.....

Same problem here. I'm not a premium user; has Evernote ever stated b-card scanning is for premium only?

And if it's not working for you guys, I'd hesitate to upgrade to premium anyway. Any clue from Evernote when they're going to fix this?

Hello,

In my case, I get to scan a business card correctly, and the text is filled correctly, and when hitting the "Save" button I'm back to the "Camera" waiting to scan another document.

Looks like that's the problem, since we fall into a loop where you either have take another photo or "Cancel".   Looks like the only way out of the loop is to "Cancel" after doing the process of scanning a business card.  And by getting out of the Camera mode by canceling, we end up canceling the whole process.

iPhone 6 with Premium account.

Same issue. Premium User. iPhone 6 on iOS 8. Scanned more than 100 business cards to date. Functionality has stopped working since last update.

Picture is captured and recognised ok, scan works and contact fields populated. Tap to "Save" the record and dropped back to Camera (instead of the old dialog box that used to appear). Only way out of camera is to Cancel and this cancels the prior contact record creation.

Help Evernote! Urgent fix required.

(And while you are at it, a new Business Cards / Contact view in Evernote would be greatly appreciated: A view that allows us to sort by any of the contact fields eg company name)

Hello Guido, That is exactly the case I'm having on my phone as well. Apparently it is a problem with the new update and I hope they will fix it soon.

Yes Aykun,  let's wait for an update.  My business cards can wait a bit more.  I have plenty to do elsewhere with the apps.

Regards,

Guido

Hi everybody,

FYI

I did get an update on May 3rd for IOS version 7.7.4   therefore it seems I have the latest update available so far.  So the camera bug with saving business cards is still happening.

Regards,

Guido

looking at the above it seem i am not the only one. My experience with support is horrible, as a premium member you log a ticket and do not hear back for 2-3 weeks.

I am asking myself if Evernote are offering any compensation for this issue. The business card scanning and photo snapping is one of the main reasons i am using evernote. Without this critical item the app is useless in my personal case. 

Has anybody experience with the resolution time of the evernote team in general ?

It looks like Evernote offers live chat support to premium members. Can one of you premium members who have posted in this thread try to contact Evernote directly? Or better yet, ALL of you who are premium members? Make some noise, then post back here and tell us how it went.

The link is https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/?uid=19387&em=fredphillips2002%40yahoo.com&sla=f368c7a8d&un=fredphillips&createdate=20080321

Hi all, below is the response I just got from the live chat. Apparently, an update for fixing this issue is being published until the end of the day and will fix the problem for iOS users. I hope it helps. 

Max: OK, thank you for the information. 
So this is a known issue that some of our users have been reporting with the iOS version of Evernote. 
Our development team has successfully created a fix for the issue and it is being pushed out to the iOS App Store as we speak. 
So please make sure that your app version is up-to-date and you should see the fix version for this issue by the end of the day.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay.

The card scanning issue was gone for me since the update, which was quickly attacked when we started posting. I can now take a photo of a card and on the bottom I get to choose if it is a business card or else. It does try to enter the fields captured from the card, and it politely asks if I want to continue scanning.

So this issue is solved for me.

Best regards to all,

And many thanks to the Evernote support that solved this issue.

Hope everyone else's works, and we can bury this bug and put the RIP on the tombstone.

Guido

• 1 month later...

Archived