Copy Note Link Anchor text on paste

I'm using Evernote Windows client 5.8.6.

Previously, when I right-clicked a note and selected 'Copy Note Link', and pasted the link into a different Evernote note in the Windows client, the anchor text would be the Title of the note. I found this very helpful. Now, when I paste the link, I get a link that starts with https://evernote.com/...as the anchor text of the pasted link, instead of the note Title .

I'm not sure exactly when this change occurred, but it's been hapening for me since a few previous versions at least.

Any way for me to revert back to the old behavior ? (that is, anchor text of the pasted link should always be the Note title )

Thanks,

Mario

• Level 5*
@Evernote User Z:

Until an EN Win guru comes along and can offer more specific suggestions, I'll offer this:

First, it sounds like a bug to me, and I'd report it as such.

Second, in EN Mac, after right-click on a Note, if I hold down the OPTION key, it shows "Copy Classic Link".

You might try something like that, perhaps the ALT key.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

In Windows you hold down Ctrl while clicking 'copy note link' to see the title as (a green) anchor.  

That did not work for me. I held down Ctrl while clicking 'Copy note link' . When pasting the link into another note, this is what appeared as the anchor text: evernote:///view/19130966/...

@Evernote User Z:
Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Thanks. Since other suggestions have not worked until now, I went ahead and submitted a support ticket.

• 1 month later...

Archived