Evernote for iOS v7.7.4 and v7.7.5 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

Hot on the tails of earlier updates this week, we released Evernote for iOS 7.7.4 this morning, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release focused on fixing top crashes – including several relating to the camera – and other issues and annoyances.

Notable bug fixes:

• Several camera crashes
  • Work Chats not showing up in iOS (but appearing on other devices and clients)
  • "Bouncy" keyboard when sending messages via Work Chat
  • Profile images not being saved
  • Inability to open links in PDF content
  • Inability to launch camera from from Today widget if viewed a note opened from Today widget
  • Lots of behind-the-scenes bugs to make the app more robust and stable

5/5/15 Update:

Evernote for iOS 7.7.5 was released to the App Store this afternoon with a fix for business card scanning. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

You can read more about the new and improved Evernote Premium and the new Evernote Plus on the Evernote blog: Introducing Evernote Plus and the new Evernote Premium

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

18 replies to this idea

Why don't you better center iOS widget in iPhone6 Notification Center, as in iPad or iPhone 6Plus?

https://twitter.com/vitogiambino/status/595658615408762882/photo/1

Hi Vito,

Thanks for your feedback.

When we originally launched the Today widget in September 2014, it was centered in the device screen. However, that did align to Apple's guidelines for Today widgets. If you'd like more detailed information, I encourage you to check out Apple's iOS Human Interface Guidelines : App Extensions. Without risking our app being rejected, we're limited to the "Widget content area" which is left-bounded by the Title of the widget.

WidgetSpec_2x.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thx for your reply! Yes, I know the guidelines and (of course) you did well. But seems like only you! LOL

This is my today widget (not only mine, I guess), which I recommend to take a look:

Todayi_Phone_001.jpg

If I were you, center the widget and cutting well under the rounded icons.

Just to know, maybe you used a Symbian... this was me (Giambi Themes 3rd) ;)

By the way, thanks for all! :)

• Level 5

Why don't you better center iOS widget in iPhone6 Notification Center, as in iPad or iPhone 6Plus?

https://twitter.com/vitogiambino/status/595658615408762882/photo/1

Hi Vito,

Thanks for your feedback.

When we originally launched the Today widget in September 2014, it was centered in the device screen. However, that did align to Apple's guidelines for Today widgets. If you'd like more detailed information, I encourage you to check out Apple's iOS Human Interface Guidelines : App Extensions. Without risking our app being rejected, we're limited to the "Widget content area" which is left-bounded by the Title of the widget.

WidgetSpec_2x.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

I'm a basic user. In earlier releases business card scanning (just to Evernote) was problematic but sometimes worked. Starting with this release business card scanning works functionally (doesn't crash the app as it used to) but the business cards are no longer saved.  Was this a a bug fix (shouldn't have been able to do anything with Basic) or a new bug (thought the Premium enabled feature was LinkedIn integration).

Filled out a trouble ticket and then tried to provide an Activity Log but not accepted at Basic level I guess.

Anyone know? thanks/pc

Hi Peter -

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known, new bug and we're working diligently on a fix. 

We appreciate your patience!

There was a new IOS update today and I have installed it. It seems to back out the changes from the last version in the sense that the old problem returns (the app just crashes while processing the business card)  /pc

Hi Peter -

Will you please try uninstalling/reinstalling your application and let me know if the issue persists?

Thank you.

IOS v 8.3 on iPhone 6

Evernote v 7.7.5

I just updated and attempted to open Evernote and it immediately crashed. Tried several times, same result.

I hard rebooted the phone and tried again with the same result.

I had to delete and reinstall the app for it to work again. Now the long download process...

Just and FYI

I'm a basic user. In earlier releases business card scanning (just to Evernote) was problematic but sometimes worked. Starting with this release business card scanning works functionally (doesn't crash the app as it used to) but the business cards are no longer saved.  Was this a a bug fix (shouldn't have been able to do anything with Basic) or a new bug (thought the Premium enabled feature was LinkedIn integration).

Filled out a trouble ticket and then tried to provide an Activity Log but not accepted at Basic level I guess.

Anyone know? thanks/pc

Hi Peter -

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known, new bug and we're working diligently on a fix. 

There was a new IOS update today and I have installed it. It seems to back out the changes from the last version in the sense that the old problem returns (the app just crashes while processing the business card)  /pc

• Level 5

Hi all,

Moments ago we released Evernote for iOS 7.7.5 as a follow-on release to address business cards not being saved. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

This forum post will serve as the place to discuss functional issues with either 7.7.4 or 7.7.5.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5*

Also, a request: Is there a way, or can there be a way, to change the camera's default behavior? The app camera is now virtually useless to me because it keeps trying to turn regular photos I'm trying to take into documents. I just wanna take photos and put them in Evernote, and now that's a chore. I use Scannable for my document scanning app. Can we get an option in the iOS version to default to the manual camera? It takes quite a bit to frustrate me (I run betas as all of my daily Evernote drivers and don't get upset about the bugs/glitches), but the Evernote app's camera as it now stands steams me.

Hi,

The camera should now be remembering the last used settings (as of 7.7.1). If you put the camera in manual mode (top right button) to take pictures, it should stay in that mode the next time you open the camera. Please let us know if you're not seeing it behave like that.

Cheers,

Chuck

I am not getting this behavior. I just reinstalled the app to be sure. I went to take a photo and got the document scanner (after the fresh install, so I expected it), changed it to manual, saved the note, went to take another, and I was back to the document scanner.

I have the same problem where I scan a business card and it is not saved. It was working before I upgraded to iOS 8.3. The scanner works and even recognized the details of the card but when you hit Save, it returns to the Camera view. I have to hit the Cancel button on Camera View to return to the main EN page but the card is not saved:-(.

• Level 5

Also, a request: Is there a way, or can there be a way, to change the camera's default behavior? The app camera is now virtually useless to me because it keeps trying to turn regular photos I'm trying to take into documents. I just wanna take photos and put them in Evernote, and now that's a chore. I use Scannable for my document scanning app. Can we get an option in the iOS version to default to the manual camera? It takes quite a bit to frustrate me (I run betas as all of my daily Evernote drivers and don't get upset about the bugs/glitches), but the Evernote app's camera as it now stands steams me.

Hi,

The camera should now be remembering the last used settings (as of 7.7.1). If you put the camera in manual mode (top right button) to take pictures, it should stay in that mode the next time you open the camera. Please let us know if you're not seeing it behave like that.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5*

• Level 5*

I've got a weird glitch in a photo I took using the Evernote app's camera. The camera seemingly couldn't decide whether or not I was scanning a document, and in the miniature preview shown at the bottom when taking the photo, it kept flipping back and forth. It resolved itself when it synced, however, so I thought nothing of it. But when I pulled it up on my Windows client, it shows that old standard photo version in the note preview (as opposed to the document version that it's showing in the note body). Here's a screenshot:

93b8DQPs9v-3000x3000.jpeg

Anyone know? thanks/pc

Hi Peter -

Anyone know? thanks/pc

Completed the iOS update but now when I scan a business card it is not showing up in my notes. It was working last week prior to this update. Have you been hearing similar feedback? I cannot find the business card anywhere within the app.

Hi Rich -

Will you please open up a support ticket via https://evernote.com/contact/support/ and let me know the ticket number? Please also attach an activity log in your ticket to help us further investigate the issue. Here are instructions:

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23394137

Thank you!

Completed the iOS update but now when I scan a business card it is not showing up in my notes. It was working last week prior to this update. Have you been hearing similar feedback? I cannot find the business card anywhere within the app.

Archived