Syncing of EN Issues

Ulagu

Idea

Hi All-

I have EN installed on Windows 8.1 and Mac Yosemite.  Windows EN is showing all my tags and correct setup.  The Web EN version and Mac EN version are not showing all the tags from EN Windows.  (They are showing the same tags between Mac and Web)

Has anyone else encountered this?

I have signed out of EN for Windows, Mac and Web and re-signed back in.  This did not correct the problem.

I have verified that each instance of EN is syncing, according to the "successfully complete" sync message.

I have two concerns:

1) I don't want to lose my tag setup on my windows machine.  It's the correct format I wish to use.

2) Why is EN for Web and my Mac not capturing all the tags from EN Windows?

There are two images attached.  The image that shows "2015 Completed" tag is EN Windows.  The image that is missing "2015 Completed" is EN for Mac.

Thank you for your help.

post-89672-0-12896300-1430437731_thumb.p

post-89672-0-55391100-1430437731_thumb.p

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Because I've seen a number of issues related to Win 8.1, I suspect EN Win may be the cause of this.

You might try adding a tag in EN Web and then sync EN Win and EN Mac to see if it appears.

If this works, then you may want to Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• Level 5*

If Win is showing the 'correct' version of your account,  but the web and Mac versions are not,  then the problem definitely lies with the windows computer.  It appears not to be syncing changes back to the server.  I'd suggest you empty your trash notebook,  check for any 'conflicting changes' notebooks and have a look at your notes in List view - one of the columns shows whether notes have synced or not.  If you have a lot of unsynced notes - have you exceeded your upload limit for the month?  Are there any notes at or above the note size limit?  Try manually syncing a few times and check your activity log each time - do any notes come up for special mention as causing problems?

EN's comments about sync issues are here - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168822

Hopefully you'll find the problem quickly and get back to normal....

Archived