Note size limit exceeded pop up

subgenius

First let me state that I am a premium account user.

Just finished installing the "recomended" update on my Windws console for EN. Now, about every 90 seconds a popup window appears and says:

"The operation cannot be completed because the note size limit of 0kb has been exceeded."

This popup also occurs if I try to delete a note from my notes (and the note will not delete)....and yes, my trash can is already empty.

The popup's frequent and disruptive appearance has basically rendered EN useless.

Let me just add that this level of glitch is ridiculous for a premium acocunt, I am not a happy customer, for this level of buggy releases I could just use the free version of OneNote or some other program.

What is the cause of this most annoying popup?

or

Does anyone have a reason that I should stay with my premium account of EN?

I don't know. I've been using Evernote for a few months now, and I just signed up for the premium account yesterday. I got the same error message today. I also installed the update today, about an hour ago. I don't get the error message all the time, just when I tried to save an excel document. I share your sentiment. It is very annoying and I'm questioning why I signed up for premium. I got it so that I could search my documents, but it won't even let me attach them now *sigh*.  I'm pretty annoyed, but Evernote has a lot of really great things going for it. In terms of what it does better, I think the number one thing that sets Evernote apart is its web clipper. I find it ridiculously useful.  I also like it because you can just dump information in it, and not have to worry too much about where it goes, as long as you have some tags or keywords in it, it is easy to find. OneNote doesn't really let you do that. I've invested a lot of time getting this program figured out/set up, so I'm going to stick it out. I assume there is somewhere I can submit a help ticket and it will be fixed, so I'm going to give that a try... 

oh man. by the time I wrote my response, they had just answered. Well don't I look silly now. lol. See they are on it. Good good. 

"They are on it" ?

That is great but how does this sort of bug not get picked up on?

Like I said the quality of this release's "testing" seems inadequate for premium users, and I suspect we are the testers (and paying for the privilege to troubleshoot their software for them).

Not an encouraging response from EN

still disappointed

We're aware of this and are currently looking into it. It is a new bug in 5.8.6 (released this morning) that did not show up during testing.

Well, I hope us paying members are not inconveniencing you......I just have some free time since I cannot use EN until you guys "look into it".

Meh. People make mistakes. I'm not perfect, neither are Evernote developers. Overall, I think they have a great product that makes my life easier, so I'm happy with that, and with the fact that they are looking into it. What else can they do? Maybe their next endevour will be a time machine, but until then... 

Here is some unsolicited advice from someone who has spent way too much of her life being anxious or depressed: Don't worry about it. In a year's time will this matter to you at all? Probably not, so it probably doesn't matter now. You have some free time? Great! Go outside, call a friend, make a snack whatever. Life is too short. 

I am also experiencing this bug. Fortunately, it's the first of its kind that I have experienced in several years of using Evernote, most of them as a premium subscriber. I'm glad to know that Evernote is on the problem already. I'm not sure I've ever used any software or an upgrade that was completely perfect once rolled out to a userbase, particularly one as large as Evernote's, so I am neither unsurprised nor disgruntled, presuming the issue is fixed promptly.

I will check on my Mac when I get home to see if I am also seeing the bug there.

Meh. People make mistakes. I'm not perfect, neither are Evernote developers. Overall, I think they have a great product that makes my life easier, so I'm happy with that, and with the fact that they are looking into it. What else can they do? Maybe their next endevour will be a time machine, but until then... 

Here is some unsolicited advice from someone who has spent way too much of her life being anxious or depressed: Don't worry about it. In a year's time will this matter to you at all? Probably not, so it probably doesn't matter now. You have some free time? Great! Go outside, call a friend, make a snack whatever. Life is too short. 

"Meh"?...well aren't you a good little customer. This isn't about perfection, it is about performance. When you order food at a restaurant and they bring you the wrong plate do you just eat it anyway while sputtering "Meh, nobody's perfect" or do you send it back? Would you still pay for it if the restaurant said they would "look into it"?

Yes...what else can they do?....surely they would be equally as forgiving to you should you not pay your bill and respond to them with "I'll look into it".

Unsolicited advice always seems to be given anyway, mainly because the advisor loves to hear the sound of their voice.

Funny thing about free time....it really isn't free....just ask Evernote.

When I eat out at a restaurant and am given a sub-par or incorrect meal, I give the restaurant the opportunity to correct the mistake. I don't berate them and everyone else around me. Seems to me that Evernote is working to correct the error.

Unsolicited advice always seems to be given anyway, mainly because the advisor loves to hear the sound of their voice.

Relentless bitching is also spewed freely, usually for the very same reason. Take it down a notch, would you? So that the rest of us seeking to assist in the resolution of this bug, for the betterment of all Evernote users, can do so?

We think we found the issue. A workaround to get things unstuck is actually fairly simple - Under Tools->AccountInfo, simply change your name. (After changing it, you can change it back)

We think we found the issue. A workaround to get things unstuck is actually fairly simple - Under Tools->AccountInfo, simply change your name. (After changing it, you can change it back)

I changed my name under "Tools->Account Info->Full Name:" but I am still unable to add any attachments. 

I still get this error:

"This file could not be added because it is too large. This file exceeds the maximum attachment size of 0B for a single note."

jmckimm, after you changed the name press "Sync" button. When sync is finished try to change your note. If it doesn't help - please open a support ticket and attach your log, or PM me and I will take a look at your log.

jmckimm, after you changed the name press "Sync" button. When sync is finished try to change your note. If it doesn't help - please open a support ticket and attach your log, or PM me and I will take a look at your log.

Thanks, I am able to add attachments again. :)

Your solution worked.  Thank you.  To the original poster though, I can't believe you'd stoop so low as to bring up "One Note".  I've been using EN now since 2009 and now I've got a "work" account premium for my new job.  This is the first bad bug I've ever seen where it was an issue where I couldn't use EN and support got it fixed pretty fast.  Forget Microsoft and their sorry excuse for trying to catch up and stay with these guys. They have a great product.

Archived