Changing Account from Premium to Plus?

I just looked at the new subscription options, and found that "plus" would be absolutely sufficient for my needs. As I just renewed my premium account for a year, I wonder if it will be possible to "downgrade" to plus (i.e. extending the duration of the subscription I bought while being restricted to "plus" features). 

• Ex Employees

At the moment, Evernote can’t directly modify an existing subscription paid using a third-party payment method. If you’d prefer not to pay by credit card, you can cancel your existing Premium subscription through the App Store, wait for your subscription to end and for your account to revert to Basic, then re-subscribe using your preferred payment method.

The only way to switch between subscription types without an interruption in service is by switching to credit card billing using the 'Manage Subscriptions' link from your ‘Account Settings’ page.

Feel free to also contact our support team for more info. 

• 9 months later...

I deliberately allowed my E/N premium subscription, thru the iOS App Store, to expire. My intent was to downgrade, renewing at the Plus level. However, the App Store is now showing only Premium as an upgrade option. I will not use the Manage Subscriptions page since it requires direct cc number input. Will the Plus option be visible at the App Store soon, or should I just move on to a competing app? Thank you.

It would be nice if Evernote would give the user a heads up that the subscription renewal is coming up - maybe a week ahead of time, especially with the changes in the subscription levels and the fact that changes can't be made after the fact without difficulty. 

I concur gchamerlin. One of the problems with the current setup = Evernote ultimately chases folks away. I'm devoting a few evenings this week to reworking IFTTT recipes currently targeting Evernote as the action, substituting OneNote in some instances and plain text files in DropBox for others, since they are essentially logs. I've already chosen another receptacle for email tossing. Perfect example of converting a paying customer from Plus to Basic, simply via inaction & silly renewal coding decisions.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, gchamberlin said:

It would be nice if Evernote would give the user a heads up that the subscription renewal is coming up - maybe a week ahead of time, especially with the changes in the subscription levels and the fact that changes can't be made after the fact without difficulty. 

I create a reminder note in Evernote. I do create similar notes for each of my annual magazine subscriptions, as well as medical and dental future appointments.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

I create a reminder note in Evernote. I do create similar notes for each of my annual magazine subscriptions, as well as medical and dental future appointments.

I do the same.

Archived