Request: Import date note was created

solomanwisdom

Idea

Hi there, new to Evernote. 

One of the most important things for me is the ability to export the data (for local backup) and import data should any problems arise. Thankfully Evernote has an export feature.

However, I noticed that any imports lose the stack information and date note was created. Not retaining stacks I can live without but not having the created date is a huge problem for me (and I imagine other users). Some notes are so time specific (e.g first time your child speaks/does something significant) and not having that information can render the note useless.

Is there a way Evernote team can look into this and include a created datestamp upon export? I would imagine this is as simple as creating a field that reads the creation date upon export, and then a field that reads it upon import.

I think having things like this available helps win trust / builds credibility for Evernote as a system that people can rely on and still feel assured that invested energy isn't lost.

Thanks!

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If you're exporting to ENEX files there's an option to include (or not) various features - offhand I'm not sure whether one of them is Created Date,  but if so,  you may just have to tick the appropriate box. Otherwise there are various options for creating a backup...

Setting Up Manual and Automated Backups
Exporting your notebooks
Manually backing up your Evernote database
Automating the backup process
Backing up attachments with cloud-based services

Other EN threads which may prove helpful:

If you're exporting to ENEX files there's an option to include (or not) various features - offhand I'm not sure whether one of them is Created Date,  but if so,  you may just have to tick the appropriate box. Otherwise there are various options for creating a backup...

Setting Up Manual and Automated Backups
Exporting your notebooks
Manually backing up your Evernote database
Automating the backup process
Backing up attachments with cloud-based services

Other EN threads which may prove helpful:

Thanks - appreciate the reply.

Looked into it and Evernote themselves say that date created will be lost.

• Level 5*

@solomanwisdom:

Your correct, the Date Created is lost.

For more info, see this EN Knowledgebase article:

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

Notes:

• The "Created" and "Modified" dates of each note are not preserved. Instead, these dates reflect the date and time when the note was imported.
  • Stacks and note links are unique to your account and can’t exist outside of your account. This means that you’ll have to re-create these after you’ve imported your notes back into your account.

• Level 5*

Apparently I posted here,  but the content was complete nonsense... as it sometimes is,  I'll admit - but usually it's Evernote-related nonsense...  Not sure if I was hacked,  or just completely off my head...  Anyway: sorry for the weird comments!

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-02 at 8:33 AM, joanie@innreg.com said:

According to the Forum it states that the date notes/notebooks are created, is not a preserved feature in the export process.

I just exported/imported a note on my Mac59fe4b916b689_ScreenShot2017-11-04at16_19_09.png.07c9b209c2e3e433654d19b95b8f6570.png
Dates were preserved

Archived