Apple Watch Search shows "No Results"

I have the Evernote app on my Apple Watch, I click search and dictate a search term I know exists in my Evernote, and all I get back is "No Results"

I've tried multiple search terms I know exist, to no avail.

Thoughts?

I've also searched for a getting started guide for Apple Watch, but it does not seem to exist yet...

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Support asked me to remove the Evernote app from my watch via the apple watch app on the iPhone, wait a minute and re-add the evernote app. After doing so I am now able to search and view notes.

I tried this but am still getting "no results" on valid search terms. Hoping for an update that fixes voice search.

• Level 5

Hi,

If you're performing a search on your watch and get "no results" for valid search terms, try waking the app on the phone and re-trying the search on your watch.

iOS controls whether or not a backgrounded app is awaken, and it's not always when we expect it to be. If the app is backgrounded and has received no notifications for a long time, or if the phone is "off", the app may not get any OS resources. When this happens, search on the watch may return "no results". Currently iOS does not allow the Watch to wake the app on the iPhone. We'll work to make this better in future releases, and we're hopeful for more improvements in iOS and WatchKit to help improve the user experience.

Cheers,

Chuck

Hi,

If you're performing a search on your watch and get "no results" for valid search terms, try waking the app on the phone and re-trying the search on your watch.

iOS controls whether or not a backgrounded app is awaken, and it's not always when we expect it to be. If the app is backgrounded and has received no notifications for a long time, or if the phone is "off", the app may not get any OS resources. When this happens, search on the watch may return "no results". Currently iOS does not allow the Watch to wake the app on the iPhone. We'll work to make this better in future releases, and we're hopeful for more improvements in iOS and WatchKit to help improve the user experience.

Cheers,

Chuck

Nope, still doesn't work for me. I have my iPhone in front of me with evernote displaying and am searching in my Apple Watch for terms I see on my iPhone's evernote display. "No Results" every single time...

Welp, I'm really annoyed that this topic shows as "Answered" when I have no resolution. Am I the only one still having this problem?

The latest: Installed the latest update of Evernote on my iPhone (7.7.6 installed today, 5/28). Went to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone and took off the Evernote app. Closed out of all apps on iPhone. Waited a few minutes. Loaded up Evernote on the iPhone. Put Evernote back on the watch. Tried again. There is a change to the search functionality whereby it saves all your searches and makes you press the microphone button to say another search. All my searches are valid terms. My iPhone display is on and turned to my Evernote notebooks. YET STILL NO RESULTS WHATSOEVER. To add insult to injury I now have saved searches, WITH NO RESULTS, of all my valid notebook terms (tried terms in both the title and in the body of my notes). EVEN TERMS IN THE RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS on the Evernote watch app DO NOT SHOW UP IN SEARCH RESULTS. So now I have saved searches that, when I press them, all show no results. Brilliant! smh

EDIT: I placed a support ticket with Evernote ("Your issue has been assigned support ticket #1091583"). I only have a free account but I've read on these forums that I still should be supported with a ticket...

• Level 5*

On issues where we would probably have the answers in the forum - "how to...",  or "where do I find..." then Free users tend not to get Evernote support.  Where it appears something technical's broke,  or you otherwise get asked to submit a ticket,  then you get help.  It won't (usually) happen over a weekend,  so you might have to wait a day or two for more contact;  but getting the ticket number means you're in a queue at least...

On issues where we would probably have the answers in the forum - "how to...",  or "where do I find..." then Free users tend not to get Evernote support.  Where it appears something technical's broke,  or you otherwise get asked to submit a ticket,  then you get help.  It won't (usually) happen over a weekend,  so you might have to wait a day or two for more contact;  but getting the ticket number means you're in a queue at least...

Thanks, I'm in the queue. I'll make sure to reply here with the results or resolution of the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, same with me. Is there anybody with a working search in Evernote on the Apple Watch? I don't think it works at all. Would be nice to get an official statement that it is broken in the current version and they are working on a quick fix.

BTW: I can't create a support ticket. The button "Ticket einreichen" (submit ticket) does not work.

Search now works for me after following the suggestion of the support team. I removed Evernote from my iPhone, then powered off the watch, then powered off the phone, restarted the phone, re-downloaded Evernote on the iPhone, then powered up the watch, then went to iPhone watch app and toggled off the "Show app on apple watch" for Evernote, then toggled it back on again. After doing all this search now works on my Apple Watch! One new difference, this is now version 7.7.7 of Evernote.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I try something that work for the instagram app with a similar issue. Try to unlog in the iPhone app, open the watch app and it will appear a message that say you to login in the iPhone app, do it and immediately the watch app will start running, try to do a search and... surprise, surprise!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2017 at 4:57 PM, Badurri said:

I try something that work for the instagram app with a similar issue. Try to unlog in the iPhone app, open the watch app and it will appear a message that say you to login in the iPhone app, do it and immediately the watch app will start running, try to do a search and... surprise, surprise!!! 

Badurri's solution worked for me.  Well done! Evernote QA, you should hire this guy. 

• 1 month later...

Archived