Smart Quotes and Wordcount

forgetcanon

Idea

Two little suggestions:

One, when I end a line with quotation marks, like this:

She said, "This is an example."

In the app, the first quotation mark will be a smart quote while the second one will remain straight. I recommend both adjusting smart quotes so they react to the enter key, and adding an option for whether we want smart quotes or straight quotes displayed.

Two, the "size" of the note is a useful way to keep track of how much Evernote data we're using, but it would be helpful for me if there was also an option to sort by wordcount. Or just an in-app way to display the wordcount of a note. It would certainly save me a lot of copy/pasting to wordcounter.net.

Just some thoughts.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Two little suggestions:

One, when I end a line with quotation marks, like this:

She said, "This is an example."

In the app, the first quotation mark will be a smart quote while the second one will remain straight. I recommend both adjusting smart quotes so they react to the enter key, and adding an option for whether we want smart quotes or straight quotes displayed.

Two, the "size" of the note is a useful way to keep track of how much Evernote data we're using, but it would be helpful for me if there was also an option to sort by wordcount. Or just an in-app way to display the wordcount of a note. It would certainly save me a lot of copy/pasting to wordcounter.net.

Just some thoughts.

Hi. Regarding wordcount, press the information icon to see it. I'd prefer if we had more data density on the main screen instead of having to press the information icon (Windows does a better job of this), but the wordcount feature is there. It is not well-known, likely because it is squirreled away in a popup, and even longtime Evernote employees have forgotten it is there :)

Archived