Evernote add-on crashing Firefox 37.0.2

MC64

After days of problems with Firefox instability, I've finally traced it to the Evernote add-on. It crashes Firefox if I have one or 30 tabs open on Yosemite. I have to disable it to be able to use Firefox. Is this a known incompatibility? Is someone working on this?

Odd, because people are complaining about the add on through Mozilla's site. Check the add-on comments. And yes, that's the correct version and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I validated this by turning off all plugins and turning them back on, one by one. This isn't based in opinion, but fact. I tried this multiple times, because I depend upon Evernote for my job. The implication that I should stop using the application, not the helper, is like the "tail wagging the dog."

So what does the Mozilla site say about it?

I validated this by turning off all plugins and turning them back on, one by one. This isn't based in opinion, but fact. I tried this multiple times, because I depend upon Evernote for my job. The implication that I should stop using the application, not the helper, is like the "tail wagging the dog."

• Level 5*

I doubt the EN addon is causing the problem, in spite of what people say on the Mozilla site. I gave up using Firefox altogether because of its instability.

If you review the thread on the Evernote Clipper for Firefox you will find many reports of the EN addon causing problems.

However, I have noticed that sometimes after a FF update, the EN Clipper did not work properly until EN made an update.

I have used FireFox for years, and have never noticed any stability issues.  But then, like with all software, I don't update to new releases immediately.  I usually wait several weeks.

Archived