Feature Request: PDF annotation, being able to select actual text to highlight

jbross45

Idea

I just thought of a basic addition to the annotation feature in Evernote premium. Just like in Mac's Preview, one should be able to highlight the plain text itself if a pdf has text-recongnizition enabled. It is a basic fix towards the rather large problem of Evernote annotating.

It would be outstanding for my school work and a huge help!

6 replies to this idea

On 25.04.2015 at 9:29 PM, jbross45 said:

I just thought of a basic addition to the annotation feature in Evernote premium. Just like in Mac's Preview, one should be able to highlight the plain text itself if a pdf has text-recongnizition enabled. It is a basic fix towards the rather large problem of Evernote annotating.

It would be outstanding for my school work and a huge help!

You totally right! I can't believe Evernote have not implement this feature so far.

+ 8 Million if I could!!

Evernote has already done the "hard work" of text recognition - so the inherent ability to identify lines of text is there!! The fact that you cannot highlight text makes pdf annotation USELESS. Like completely useless. I'm using pdfExpert to annotate and then re-importing back to evernote... Excessive! This is such a waste of time. Please please make this simple fix

Archived