I can't use Evernote anymore

Hello,

i'm a big fan of Evernote and i'm telling all my friends to use it.

But i should say : i WAS a big fan and i WAS telling people to use it

Because it's now almost impossible to use Evernote anymore on my Mac.

One year ago, I have created a rule in IFTTT that creates a new note with a photograph every time it finds a specific keyword on Instagram.

Now i have 35000 notes (27000 of which were created like that)

When i open Evernote or want to work with it, it constantly shows the little colored wheel and using Evernote is very difficult.

I have around 15GB of data in my Evernote folder so i don't think i have an impossible account.

Is there something i can do to make it work correctly ? 

something like reindexing library ? cleaning something ? 

I can't even watch and delete many of these photographs because browsing is really slow too.

Thanks

Fred.

• Level 5*

Other users have reported problems with large number of Notes, like > 30,000, so it could be that you are seeing some of the same issues.

My suggestion is to Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Meanwhile, if you want to use Evernote for things other than capturing Instagram photos, you could get another Evernote account.

• 2 years later...

Archived