Way to revert to previous version?

Ever since the last update with the auto capture feature came out I have been unable to use the app on my ipad mini. I have done everything support has suggested, but the app crashes on such a constant basis that it is now usable. Is there any way to revert to a previous version? It worked well before the last update.

• Level 5*

Hi.   There are (apparently) two potential work arounds that may help:

1) Disable recently viewed notes in the Today widget. To try this, go to Settings > General, and change the "Recent Notes in Today" toggle to the off position.
2) If you are stuck in a hang loop, try a reboot of the device.

Do you know which version number you used to use?  AFAIK the only EN version available for iOS < 7.0 is Evernote 5.4.3. An iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1 can install version 5.4.3 from the App Store.

If you have "purchased" Evernote previously in iTunes or the App Store, you should be able to go to the App Store on your iPad, go to your Purchased tab, search for Evernote, and tap Install/cloud icon.

Please note that you will not have all the latest Evernote features, functionality, nor bug fixes.
  • Level 5*

Ever since the last update with the auto capture feature came out I have been unable to use the app on my ipad mini. I have done everything support has suggested, but the app crashes on such a constant basis that it is now usable. Is there any way to revert to a previous version? It worked well before the last update.

Since you mentioned "auto capture feature" it leads me to think you are referring to EN iOS 7.7 or 7.7.1, where there was a major update to the Camera feature.  If this is not correct, please provide the EN iOS ver and iPad iOS ver you are using.

In answer to your question, the only way I know of reverting to a prior version of Evernote iOS is if you have made a backup of your iPad using iTunes with the version of Evernote you want.  It's a complicated process, and I have not done it personally, but others have reported some success.

Archived