EN crashes on EVERY launch

Hey,

I had crashing problems with Evernote (really, on every launch), removed it and installed it again and I even can't login.

It crashes immediately.

When I turn off my internet it doesn't crash (but says "no connection, try again").

Device:

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

I was premium member and now I'm not, could the crash problem have a correlation with that?

(I completely removed Evernote and installed it again, tried it with the newest version and other, older versions, it just doesn't work).

Kind regards

• Level 5*

Hi.  You say you were a premium member and now you're not - as though it wasn't your choice or preference that your status was downdated;  should you still be prem?  If you log into EN Web in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action - can you see your notes?  What is your status there?  If premium,  then Submit support request by choosing the correct option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat  option (after clicking 'continue' on the support page) after logging in (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST)

If your subscription level shows incorrectly as free,  submit a CS support request by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in as above,  and post your ticket number back here so we can flag the problem to forum Admin staff.

In all other cases (and although I realise you've done it before) I suggest uninstalling EN,  restarting your device and reinstalling the latest version of EN.  If you still have any unsynced notes,  try emailing them to your Evernote email address - check on EN Web to ensure they're received before you uninstall anything.

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I didn't meant that I was downgraded by this bug, I meant that my subscription expired, so it's ok, that I'm not a premium member anymore (my own choice).

I just thought the app crashing bug COULD have a correlation with the expired subscription bug (so like "because I've no subscription anymore the app crashes, because he tries anything but have no permission").

Kind regards

• Level 5*

Hi - no,  Evernote don't bear grudges (that I know of.. :huh: ) - even though you've downgraded,  you should have normal access to your account,  though with reduced limits.  Even if you exceeded the free upload limit of 60MB/ month you should still be able to look at your notes..  

:)

Ok, but I can't use it. I tried everything, I removed Scannable and Evernote so the data is completely wiped and than installed it again and installed other (older) versions. It doesn't work, there are no alternative clients and I can't even use the Webclient (no mobile version).

Currently it's impossible for me to use Evernote on my iPhone.

• Level 5*

You could try uninstalling EN, then close all of your apps and power down your device to try and remove any vestiges of EN.  Then power on the device and re-install EN.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

Hey,

I had crashing problems with Evernote (really, on every launch), removed it and installed it again and I even can't login.

It crashes immediately.

When I turn off my internet it doesn't crash (but says "no connection, try again").

Device:

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

I was premium member and now I'm not, could the crash problem have a correlation with that?

(I completely removed Evernote and installed it again, tried it with the newest version and other, older versions, it just doesn't work).

Kind regards

Since nothing else has worked, you could upgrade your iPhone iOS to 8.3, the current version.

It is possible that the latest EN iOS has a conflict with iOS 8.1.

Archived