Request: Searching a word should tell line nbr at the top(difficult to scroll)

Hi

I have been using evernote quite a long. Like all other feature but search is not that user friendly.

for example :- i want to search a word 'unix' in my notes. 

step1 :- i will type 'unix' in 'Search box' and press search button

Actual result 

It will show me which all notes have the word unix in it.

Expected result 

It should tell where in those notes exactly 'unix' word is there and how many times. Its annoying to scroll down till the end and search the word and there are chances i may miss a word.

Could you please let me know if there is any existing feature or you can bring line nbrs in notes so its easy to goto that line and check it out. As scrolling and checking manually is not a good idea.

Sometimes each note has 1000 lines in it. So scrolling and checking the highlight portion is difficult

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't believe your expected result would be the standard behaviour in either Windows or Mac - highlighting the results is one thing,  showing the number of hits per document is (I imagine) more difficult...  Still,  the suggestion is made,  and Evernote devs do read these posts for ideas,  though they don't (normally) comment.

• Level 5*

@Gaurav Khurana:

You don't state which EN client you are using, but in EN Mac 6.0.7, after you do a search for text you can click on any of the resulting Notes, and press CMD-F, which will find the same text within that Note and display the number of matches it found.

It does not show the line number of the match, but as you hit ENTER, or click on the right arrow, it moves the selection highlight to the next match.

I think EN Win works the same way, but I can't confirm that right now.

Hi

I have been using evernote quite a long. Like all other feature but search is not that user friendly.

for example :- i want to search a word 'unix' in my notes. 

step1 :- i will type 'unix' in 'Search box' and press search button

Actual result 

It will show me which all notes have the word unix in it.

Expected result 

It should tell where in those notes exactly 'unix' word is there and how many times. Its annoying to scroll down till the end and search the word and there are chances i may miss a word.

Could you please let me know if there is any existing feature or you can bring line nbrs in notes so its easy to goto that line and check it out. As scrolling and checking manually is not a good idea.

What @JMichael says for desktop... plus, on mobile device, there is a feature that allows one to search within a note. I use this on iPhone and iPad all the time and it works like a slice of sunshine: 

Search%20within%20note.png?dl=1

Search%20results.png?dl=1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some thing like notepad++ "Find all in current document" feature

All solutions given prior to your post do exactly what can be seen in your screenshot. Give this post another once-over...

EDIT:  :)

Archived