help with "can't connect to server" problem

Wanderweger

Last week Evernote on my Windows 7 machine stopped syncing so I reinstalled it, and now when I tried to log in, it says "Can't connect to server.  Please try again later" in red.

I've searched the forums and found a thread about enabling TLS in Internet Connections (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/71100-evernote/), but this hasn't fixed my problem.

Has anyone else run into this or have any other suggestions on how I might fix this?  I'm at my wits end.

Note: evernote is fine on all of my other devices including other windows7 machines, so it's just this specific pc.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to hear about the problem - have you used up your upload limit for the month?  Try logging onto Evernote.com via your browser and check the Settings screen - you should be able to confirm whether you have anything left.  Check your notes also - if you have anything in your Trash notebook,  make sure you clear it out.   Add a new note online just to see whether that will jump start the process.  Then go back to your W7 device and check and empty the trash there.  If none of that explains the problem or starts it working again,  try uninstalling / restarting / reinstalling (as Administrator) again!

Archived