Desktop Clipper Clips in Mobile Sizes

bill77

It's been like this for a long time, but it wasn't always.  I've either had to destroy the formatting completely, put up with it and squint, or give up and forget about it unless I happen to think of it when I'm on my phone (which is not great for long articles).  All of the work arounds destroy the text; Ctrl-+ squishes it all together, 'Simplify Formatting' turns it into an eye-boggling mess. It looks fantastic on a tablet, of course. I no longer have a tablet.  I save articles to read later and most of the time I would be doing that is on a desktop, not crunching my neck down staring at my phone for more than a few minutes at a time.

Is there anything we can do, to bring back webclipping to a usable state for desktop users?  It wouldn't be so bad if I still had a tiny monitor, but Evernote itself is designed for widescreens these days as it is.

Example:

Web Page:

ScreenClip%200.png

Initial Webclip:

ScreenClip%201.png

Attempts to manually adjust text size after clipped via Ctrl-+

ScreenClip%202.png

Giving in and using Simplify Formatting:

(it doesn't look so bad here, but when looking at the bulk of any article like this it makes reading very frustrating, where as the formatting is great on mobile devices)

ScreenClip%203.png

Archived