Evernote 5.8.5 population HDD space in windows 8.1

David Lee

Hi Guys

I need some help, I ran my EN 5.8.3 before and the software is automatically download the update, however I stopped the download as taken a long time to do so in China, since then my EN does not seems to work and keeps continue over populating my HDD space (HDD space available 250GB)

I uninstall the EN 5.8.3, and reinstall EN 5.8.5 latest version from the website today, the installation is completed and all is well

However when I tried to SYN it, then EN starting to over populating the HDD space

I ran out the HDD space - the system stop working as no HDD space left

Can you guys provide some suggestion please

Thank you for your help

My Toshiba Satellite notebook configuration: i5/4GB ram/500GB HDD/14"/win 8.1 home premium

Cheers

David Lee

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you see your notes via EN Web by logging in here in a desktop browser? - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action

If they're present and correct (and you don't have 20,000+ notes) I don't see how a sync starts to fill your hard drive.  How big is the EXB file in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases\<yourname>.EXB ?

The reason for my first question in that in China Evernote operates as Yinxiang Biji and has separate servers.  Not sure how (or whether) that affects your issue,  but it may mean you will need to submit a support request - I'd suggest choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action
- if you're a premium or Business user,  you'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST)

-And just to be sure,  provided you have no local notebooks or unsynced notes,  I'd suggest uninstalling / restarting / re-downloading and reinstalling the app (again) just to ensure you have a clean current version.

Archived