Can't export PDF on iPad

When I try to export a PDF it pops up saying "Exporting PDF", then the pop up disappears. Nothing happens after that. Previously I could export to Dropbox.

Any ideas what's going on? I'm not a premium user, and my upload limit has been reached, but couldn't find any information suggesting it's related to this issue.

These are notes from a three hour lecture that I need to upload asap for students, so please help! Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure either whether your upload limit has a bearing on exporting the PDF - unless this note hasn't yet been synced to the server,  and the sync is part of the export process.  Do you have a desktop with this PDF attachment?  Can you share this note with another Evernote account (set up a new free one with another email address,  or use a colleague) and export from there?  If the note has been synced and it exists on a desktop,  the local copy on the hard drive should allow you to export it.  If the note has been synced you'll be able to share it with another account. 

If you're still having issues,  where are you exporting the PDF?  Can you open it as a separate file on the iPad?  Can you 'save as' to local storage?

Sorry, in my haste I wasn't clear at all. I'm using Penultimate. There is no PDF, only a note in Penultimate that I'd like to export as PDF. I signed up for premium so it would sync to Evernote, which it has now, but I still can't export as PDF from Penultimate (waste of money there then). None of my notes will export from Penultimate, not just this one. I have previously exported them to Dropbox without issue. I managed to print to PDF from Evernote on my laptop browser. The file looks ugly as sin and the extra step is inconvenient. Does this info help?

• Level 5*

Ah.  Sorry - not a Penultimate user;  as Premium you may be able to get some quick help via the Chat service after loggin in on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

If you printed (this file?) to PDF from Evernote on a laptop though,  can you not open it in a stand-alone PDF viewer and then save the file again as PDF directly?  Apologies if that's nonsense - maybe a PU user will be along soon with relevant advice!

No probs. Thanks for replying. Once it's printed to PDF the job is done and I just upload it for students on Moodle. (Using Acrobat to print a PDF from Evernote in Firefox is gruesome, with poor scaling to page size and loss off quality it seems. As an aside, a PDF export function would be useful for Evernote.)

• 2 years later...

Archived