Note Collaboration Across Multiple Platforms

Hi there,

New to forum and there's an issue we've been working with over the past few months and I'm hoping to get some feedback. I have searched through the knowledge base and I cant find an exact answer to my question. I apologize if this scenario has been beaten to death previously.

We are a property management/construction company that owns and manages properties across 10+ sites (120+ units). We are looking for a way to have a master "Maintenance" List that can be edited from the office as well as from the field by 3 different users. This includes checking off completed items, adding new "To-Dos" and sharing photos of issues that arise.  I run the office and use my WIndows PC and iPhone, the owner uses an iPhone/PC and our maintenance guy is on Samsung Galaxy running Android. Currently we have one username and a basic account all logged into the same account from all the devices. This sort of works, but gives us bunch of issues...conflicts, data not deleting, data not adding etc etc....

What is the best way of approaching our need? Is Evernote Business required to acheive what were looking to do? Would it be better to use 3 seperate basic account then share notes? It seems like there are more collaboration features in Evernote Business, but $30/month seems quite steep for such a basic need.

Again, I aplogize if this has been covered before and I appreciate any advice on what direction to go in.

-Tom

• Level 5*

While Evernote is a great general purpose note-taking and PIM, I'm not sure it would be the best solution for you.

Have you considered any apps dedicated to property management?

You might do a Google on "property management app" to find some candidates.

While Evernote is a great general purpose note-taking and PIM, I'm not sure it would be the best solution for you.

Have you considered any apps dedicated to property management?

You might do a Google on "property management app" to find some candidates.

Thanks for the reply! I have done a fair bit of searching around for other apps. We obviously utilize a more in depth Property Management software for Tenant management etc.. We have also tried other apps such as Google Keep and experienced similar issues when trying to collaborate on the same note. 

Our needs are pretty simple, just a way for 3 users to be able to reliably edit the same document from different devices. I feel like there should be a way to do this with Evernote, but I could be mistaken. 

• Level 5*

In spite of Evernote marketing, IMO sharing/collaboration in Evernote is weak.  I see lots of questions/issues posted in these forums from users trying to make sharing work.  Lots of sync and conflicting note issues are reported.  I don't think Evernote is designed for multiple users to be editing the same Note/document at the same time.

I have several employees who I interact with on a regular basis by sharing notebooks.  Each one of them has a notebook which I can add comments or images or files to.  We can share it in real time.  Granted I've only been accessing this on windows based desktops but I can't see why this wouldn't work otherwise.  After all, if you access Evernote and add a note from your android or ipad it's still synced to the servers at Evernnote and is accessible by whoever is sharing the notebook in any format.

• Level 5*

@TomCA,

In your use case the issues with Evernote are more than one person updating the same note at the same time or poor syncing practices.  If you can structure your notes and practices in such a way to mitigate these two issues, you can get buy (eg, checklist by person for a project).  Your call as to whether the juice is worth the squeeze.  You know how often you run the risk of simultaneous update.  FWIW.

Archived