Quota starting at 30MB out of 60MB used?

Hi all, I've checked the other threads, but can't see a recent similar item.

Last month, with 2 days left, I went up to 59MB used.

On day one of this cycle, I had 30MB already used.

I've seen similar threads, but either they're old, or related to clients not matching the web, or suggesting that "newest" version of Evernote will fix, though.

Running Evernote on PC, Android phone, Android Tab, and iPad. All show the same: 32.9MB used, 20 days left.

I think I've uploaded 2MB. Color coding in web shows 15MB in lightish blue, 15 MB in darker blue, and 2MB in dark blue.

How do I confirm that there's an issue, and how to have Evernote support fix; or...how to confirm that I've got an Operator Error, and learn how to avoid?

Thanks!

Blain

• Level 5*

Hi.  You could search for the notes with a created or updated date within the current upload limit cycle,  and view in Desktop or Web List View where you'll get a size for each note.  That'll give you a sense of how much you've 'really' used,  although it may be impractical if you have a lot of notes.

Check on EN Web to see your upload status there - that's the final word on the subject,  although the fact that all your devices agree on the amount does suggest it's accurate.

To minimise the effect in the short term you might want to investigate Local (unsynced) Notebooks - if you send routine scans and clips on your desktop to a local notebook,  you can move those notes to a synced notebook at or after the month end to use up the balance of your allowance.  Do not exceed the upload limit - bad things happen.  I speak from experience (and a stalled account).  You could also consider upgrading to premium for a short while if you're having a busy period - you get 4GB of upload and you can increase that (at a cost) if you need to.

Thanks for the advice. I checked the web view, and it shows less than 2MB used in April. The usage bar shows the 2MB in dark blue, but has 15MB and 15MB in other shades. Should have 58MB free of my 60MB/month quota, right?

Could it be that as I was using up my "monthly" quota that I was wrong in thinking that my usage cycle ended on 3/31?

There are 16 days in cycle, which indicates that it's a calendar cycle.

Is there such a thing as tech support to escalate to?

Thanks for the advice. I checked the web view, and it shows less than 2MB used in April. The usage bar shows the 2MB in dark blue, but has 15MB and 15MB in other shades. Should have 58MB free of my 60MB/month quota, right?

Could it be that as I was using up my "monthly" quota that I was wrong in thinking that my usage cycle ended on 3/31?

Since you are a free user you have very limited options for official technical support. You can always submit a ticket at the link in my signature, but the help you get, if any, will likely be limited, and won't be prompt. 

There is more troubleshooting you can do. How is your Evernote Trash notebooks on these devices? If I am not mistaken, the quota as displayed on your desktop (at least, if not other devices) also considers what could be uploaded, such as if you had a large item in the trash that had never been uploaded to the servers (e.g., you created it and deleted it before it could synchronize, such as if you accidentally dragged a very large file to Evernote then deleted the note it ended up attached to immediately). In this instance, you could potentially restore the item from trash to a synced notebook, subsequently uploading it. Because of this, it gets displayed on that device against your quote even though it hasn't actually used your quota, just because the potential exists. 

So, if you can swing it (I rarely if ever have deleted the contents of my evernote trash), consider deleting the contents of your Evernote trash on your desktop client. You might consider just sorting your trash by note size (enter the trash, switch to list view, add the "size" column if needed, then click the size column to sort by size) and just delete any large files.

I think usage cycles are set by when you either join Evernote originally or by when you upgrade. So it is possible that you thought the end of the month, but you were mid cycle. 

Archived