Mark notes copied to notebook

Elbert

As I use the web with my tablet, I save a lot of page links to evernote notes. When I get on the desktop where it's easier to move stuff around, I assign many of the notes to one of the notebooks I've set up. Two days later, I can't remember which of the notes I've assigned to a notebook, so I don't know which still need to be assigned. 

Is there a way to mark each note (a check mark or a different color or something) that has already been assigned to a notebook? If not, could this feature be added?

Thanks,

Elbert

Elbert, 

If you're clipping pages/ links to your default notebook, I'd recommend treating it like an email inbox. In other words, something eventually needs to be done with all notes in that particular notebook to eventually get it down to "inbox zero". You could call your default notebook, "Inbox". From there, whenever you click on your "Inbox" notebook, any notes remaining still need to be transferred. 

Of course, there are other strategies, including tagging conventions... and you could search your "Inbox" for any un-tagged notes with the operator "-tag:*", which will show you any notes in any context that are not tagged.

Archived