Evernote Splash Page - 5 guys and one woman

Hi guys,

It's just a small thing but it irritates me that the splash page for evernote features almost all guys (5 guys to one woman) and isn't really representative of the user community. I'm glad there is one single woman but the ratio of 5:1 seems absurd; in terms of marketing this seems to strike the wrong chord... I'd feel the same way if the cards were reversed. Please get it together and present us with interesting-looking people of both sexes. 

thanks,

Amber

post-254356-0-92512100-1428442911_thumb.

Nope, I know how to use the product... just tired of seeing these guys every day. 

Looks like this falls within the purview of the General Board to me:

Discuss the general Evernote offering, including tips, questions, and general feedback. If you need something product/client specific, please post in the appropriate forum!

Thanks for the link to the blog post.

just tired of seeing these guys every day. 

Amber, there is an elegant solution for folk like you and I: we simply bypass that splash page:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/81959-change-default-view-on-evernote-web/#entry352843

Most people don't realize that they don't have to hit the "sign in" button on the splash page every time they want to access their notes on the Web client.

Hi guys,

It's just a small thing but it irritates me that the splash page for evernote features almost all guys (5 guys to one woman) and isn't really representative of the user community. I'm glad there is one single woman but the ratio of 5:1 seems absurd; in terms of marketing this seems to strike the wrong chord... I'd feel the same way if the cards were reversed. Please get it together and present us with interesting-looking people of both sexes. 

thanks,

Amber

Oh good grief. Just when I think I've seen it all...

(Surely, this is a troll...???)

• Level 5*

I think this is because we know that ladies aren't very good with 'puters and need help from men to even complete simple tasks like their shopping lists, isn't that right BnF?

(Runs for the hills)

(But not that fast because we all know that ladies really can't run properly)

I think this is because we know that ladies aren't very good with 'puters and need help from men to even complete simple tasks like their shopping lists, isn't that right BnF?

(Runs for the hills)

(But not that fast because we all know that ladies really can't run properly)

Actually, they had to use so many men so that men would not feel intimidated & to emphasize that Evernote is so simple that even men can use it! :ph34r:

Actually, they had to use so many men so that men would not feel intimidated & to emphasize that Evernote is so simple that even men can use it! :ph34r:

Yes... even men can use it for shopping lists, wedding inspiration and planning, mood boards and cupcake recipes  :P. No seriously. 

• Level 5*

Yes... even men can use it for shopping lists,

Which is a benefit right there... :ph34r:

:ph34r:

LMAO,  Only problem is when's the last time a guy went to the store and came back with all the items, let alone the right quantities?   :D

If those were the only criteria for a woman in hand-picking the man of her dreams, she'd be lucky to find someone just like me - in the middle of a supermarket aisle tinkering with his WorkFlowy (or Evernote) list on iPhone, oblivious to the rest of the world.

Archived