Document Scanning Broken

The "Document" button is gone and now there is just "Photo".  Guess my iOs app got auto updated at some point.  So Photo now defaults to auto mode document but that feature does not work well.  If I turn off auto then I can only capture photos which are not OCR'd (my favorite feature)

Auto document feature has significant problems identifying the document unless conditions are exact and even then if it does the capture then it immediately crashes.

Anyone know a work around to get to manual document as before?

I have iOs 8.2 on a 6+

I think the new Evernote "feature" is based on the same code at Scannable because I tried that app a month or so ago and it behaved in the same way as this new Evernote feature. 

I'll give Scannable another go to see if the issues have been corrected or perhaps it's something specific to my installation.

Thanks for the tip.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue with the scanning feature in Evernote iOS. The document scanning seems to be finicky and occasionally works. It seems to flicker and start "capturing" then stops, and repeats. Business card scanning is fine. Scannable seems to actually work, so it must be Evernote's implementation of the feature that's buggy. I'd prefer to not have to switch between apps.

Archived