5 ways to use Note Links, Evernote's secret weapon for getting organized

• Ex Employees

Learn the benefits of using Note Links in your day to day Evernote use in this wonderful article from PC World: 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2887949/5-ways-to-use-note-links-evernotes-secret-weapon-for-getting-organized.html

This article features: 

• Creating a Table of Contents
  • Referencing notes in a presentation
  • Contextualizing your calendar
  • Supercharging your To Do list
  • Bookmarking your favorite notes
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

I'd be interested in how other people make use of the link feature.  I can add to the original list

1. Simulating the word processing outline feature
    It works somewhat the same by creating sub-documents and using the link and back arrows to expand or contract text.
  2. Creating a shortcut on my desktop for some specific notes (for example my daily journal/todo list)
  • Level 5*

Two things beyond TOC and simple linking fro one note to another.

1. I use FollowUpThen for email interrupt reminders.  If a note is involved, say a tax payment, I will Ctrl-Copy Note Link and paste the link into the body of the email I send to FUT.  Then at the appointed date and time when the email arrives I click on the link and am taken to the note with the payment information.
  2. Sometimes on a phone call there may be a few notes that are a part of the discussion.  I paste the links to those notes in the phone template prior to the call and then everything is at my "fingertips" during the call.
  • 6 months later...

Archived