Evernote in VMWare

dbutler77

Has anyone worked in this environment?  

I'm looking for help moving the EN database file. Rather than move it, I did a Control Panel uninstall, then dowloaded a fresh installer.

Currently, the installer only allows putting the database on a local drive.  In our VMWare install the local C:\ drives (App Data) has space limitations.  Programs like Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, but design want to put content in App Data.

Solution would be to put the file in the /Documents folder.  HOWEVER, in the VM that is in a networked redirect folder that Evernote will stubbornly not permit.

Thoughts, anyone.

• Level 5*

I use Parallels 10, so I can't offer detailed suggestions.

But I would think that VMWare would provide you with an option to expand the amount of Mac disk space it uses.

I don't see any other options.

• Level 5*

I think he/she is talking about a VDI environment rather than something local.

I'd suggest opening a support case or having a chat if you are Premium, they'll be able to give you the best advice.

• Level 5*

I thought the OP was talking about VMWare Fusion.  But I guess we won't know until the OP clarifies this issue.

I am going to be very surprised if Evernote Support will be helpful with running Evernote in a virtual machine.  My guess is that very Evernote few users would need this.

• Level 5*

@dbutler77:

Thanks for the clarification.  Please let us know what EN Support says, and if you are able to resolve your issue.

@Metrodon:  You were right.  Good call.  I stand corrected.   ;)

Archived