Rcarbz

firefox How to Remove Right Click Context Menu for Webclipper in Firefox?

Idea

I love the webclipper, but the context menu is a total dealbreaker for me because it shows up above "open link in new tab" and makes me save a clip instead of opening it in a new tab like i want to. This is really frustrating and annoying, so is there any way to just remove the context menu option for web clipper in Firefox? Thanks.

• Like 2

9 replies to this idea

At present there's no setting to disable the context menu. I'll add that as a feature request, it sounds very reasonable.

• Like 4

Yes. This certainly should be an option. I already have many items added to the context menu from other addons, and I do not use the web clipper this way. I use it from the toolbar. The context menu items are unnecessary clutter for me.

If I were to use it that way, though, I would still want to minimize the space used in the menu. Perhaps it should add a submenu. As it is now, Web Clipper adds three items to the context menu. Other addons put their items in a submenu to avoid cluttering the menu.

• Like 1

Can I add my vote to this being optional as well?

Inserting three items into my context menu with no option to disable seems a bit greedy to me.

Like the OP, I love the toolbar icon, yet find myself clipping when I don't mean to.

Ah, yes - I will add my vote to this also. Please give us an option to remove the context menus. I'm not using Evernote on all my PC's and having a different browser experience in one of them just confuse me to the point of removing Evernote entirely.

Please give use the option to remove this! My laptop trackpad uses two-fingered clicking as right click. Lately, every time I accidentally double click with two fingers (or the trackpad thinks I've used two fingers) the Web Clipper makes a new note. It happens so quickly I never even see the context menu. I've been going crazy trying to figure out why it had made all these notes! I finally figured out it is due to where the context menu appears relative to the pointer -- often it is right on the "Clip ..." area.

That's really weird. While some here complain about the context menu, I am suffering a lack of this context menu already for a while - especially for clipping single images from a website it is very inconvenient to open each single image in a new tab and then, with the new tab open, click on the evernote icon in the toolbar of my browser to save it. Is there a trick to get the context menu back?

Did anything ever come of this? I'm ready to delete the web clipper because I use right clicks to open new tabs much more often than to clip to evernote.