Link to File or Folder

I ran an old topic that had information that might be of help from 2012. There might have been some changes so therefore I feel I need to create a new topic.

There are several different ways to create a link or a hyperlink so the following would be my concern:.

1. Link to a notebook.

2. Link to a word within a notebook.

3. Link to an image and have it auto display, no click required.

4. Link to a directory or document within the directory.

Item 4 seems to be a bit redundant but I'm trying to cover all bases. I'm also wondering if the call could use code or some other methods uknowing to me within Evernote. And when I say unknowing, to me that covers a pretty big gamut. Sometimes when you use a product you find by accident an item that has more power than meets the eye. I'm wondering if this is the case. My thought is there might be something more than click on K

B ob

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure exactly what you're looking for - it's possible to create links in Evernote (in some cases depending on your OS and whether you're using desktop or mobile) to other notes,  or to external folders or files,  including image files.  Are you looking for instructions how to do this,  or asking for something that isn't currently possible?

• Level 5*

@Amerifax:

Response to your questions:

There are several different ways to create a link or a hyperlink so the following would be my concern:.

1. Link to a notebook.
Only link available for a NB is a Shortcut, which appears in the Left Side Panel.

2. Link to a word within a notebook.
Can't be done.

3. Link to an image and have it auto display, no click required.
Can't be done using the EN UI.  Might be possible using an external HTML editor.

4. Link to a directory or document within the directory.
Can be done using the standard create link feature, using "file:///" & the complete file path.

For more info on Evernote links, see:
  • 3 weeks later...

>>gazumped<<

Looking for the impossible, I've been accused of that through the years, but hopefully not.

There are several different ways to create a link or a hyperlink so the following would be my concern:
Within a notebook document I would like to create a link based on a word to one of the following.
1. Link to a notebook. That contains information relating to my issue
2. Link to a word within a notebook. This word might already have a link that will displays a document
3. Link to an image and have it auto display, no click required. A rollover action that would bring up a link document
Thanks for time.

I believe that JMichael might have the answer, next response.

Bob. 
>>Michael<<

I guess I have asked for the impossible. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

1. Link to a notebook.

Only link available for a NB is a Shortcut, which appears in the Left Side Panel.

Question: is there a way to link shortcuts, as shown in the left side panel, to appear based on the notebook that's loaded?

I saw your statement, profile: Evernote is a great tool!

I'm in total agreement, only recently.

After several years of advising my clients in a different direction, I downloaded and seriously evaluated Evernote. Thinking that it was just another text editor I wrongly avoided Evernote.

It definitely is one of those tools that you will not start your computer without, at least for me. I now use to valuable assets Evernote and Directory Opus. Two items to load every time the computer fires up. Yes, I agree Evernote is a great tool!

Thanks for the time you spent on a will organized replay. Jason,s article was extremely helpful, as so where you.

Bob

>>JMichael<<

I guess I have asked for the impossible. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

1. Link to a notebook.
Question: is there a way to link shortcuts, as shown in the left side panel, to appear based on the notebook that's loaded?

I saw your statement, profile: Evernote is a great tool!

I'm in total agreement.,only recently.

After several years of advising my clients in a different direction, I downloaded and seriously evaluated Evernote. Thinking that it was just another text editor I wrongly avoided Evernote.

It definitely is one of those tools that you will not start your computer without, at least for me. I now use two valuable assets Evernote and Directory Opus. Two items to load every time I fire up. Yes, I agree Evernote is a great tool!

Thanks for the time you spent on a will organized replay. Jason,s article was extremely helpful, as so was your help..
Bob

Archived