Web Client Beta Release Notes 4/1/2015

nanphan

Idea

Hello everyone, 

We had some minor bug fixes in Wednesday night's release so no major features to call out this week. One bug fix we'd like to mention: 

• Reminder sort order is now fixed and is no longer reversed. 

Nancy 

18 replies to this idea

Hi!

I am beginning to wonder.

What future the Beta?   :wacko:

To be honest: I hope it has no future!  ;)

The old interface was very usefull. A real workplace! But it looks a bit ugly and old fashion!

The new interface is very nice looking and modern. But it's not very usefull!

I hope, they rethink it now for something nice, modern, and very usefull!

Bye

Tiggr

Apologies for the delay in updates folks. We are still here and are continuing to release every week.  However, we've mostly had silent updates as we work on improving the bigger features.  I've posted our latest this week. For those that haven't had a chance to hear about the changes to our Premium offerings, you can learn more about it on our blog: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/04/29/introducing-evernote-plus-and-the-new-evernote-premium/.

- Nancy 

While we're waiting, I'd like to report an issue with encrypted text.

When I decrypt the text to view it, the note is marked as updated, even though I did not change anything (and it's not even possible to change anything in encrypted text). This behavior is confusing, especially for someone that sorts notes by "Date Updated" (me, for example).

Hi malockin, 

Thanks for reporting this.  As you know we've never supported encryption on the web client, but you are correct that the note shouldn't be updated just because you're decrypting. 

- Nancy 

I should make it clear that I am a great fan of the new Web Beta.

As a teacher, I am finding it perfect for use in class.

However, I can see how Powerusers would find it very frustrating.

As I have said elsewhere, I think the most sensible solution here is to maintain the old and the new and so keep everyone happy (well, more or less happy  :D )

A few days ago gave the Web Beta yet another try. This time using IE on Win7. While editing an existing note, I found so many screen artifacts/glitches, loss of focus, and changes not saved problems, I had to revert back to the standard Web interface immediately! Don't have the exact IE version, but it was reasonably up-to-date, I'd done a full Windows Update less than 2 months ago.

Yes.

My impression is that they staked everything on the appeal of the workchat idea and have discovered that it has simply not taken off. Why did they think it would?

Maybe they thought the Poweruser market had reached a peak and was not likely to lead to more new users making Premium payments.

But the only thing they have achieved is the loss of an unknown number of Powerusers, a loss which will not have been compensated for by the very very few enthusiasts of workchat. (Has anyone seen a post praising it?)

While we're waiting, I'd like to report an issue with encrypted text.

When I decrypt the text to view it, the note is marked as updated, even though I did not change anything (and it's not even possible to change anything in encrypted text). This behavior is confusing, especially for someone that sorts notes by "Date Updated" (me, for example).

Hi Nancy,

Not sure if the Reminders List jumping when an item is dragged and dropped got looked into. Just to report that this still persists. The Reminders list still jumps to the end every time. I've checked in Chrome and Safari. Exactly the same behavior.

Thanks!

Thank you, we are aware of the issue, and will try to address it in a future release. I'll be sure to update you when this happens. 

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Not sure if the Reminders List jumping when an item is dragged and dropped got looked into. Just to report that this still persists. The Reminders list still jumps to the end every time. I've checked in Chrome and Safari. Exactly the same behavior.

Thanks!

Archived