Evernote for Android v7.0.2 release

Theresa Pittappilly

Idea

Today we released Evernote for Android v7.0.2 to the Play Store. 

This update brings material design to our tablet app. As part of this change we have cleaned up and simplifed the note view and note editor on tablet. In addition we have updated the new note button to align more with the new note button on our mobile app.

We also focused on bug fixes that have been reported. Thanks for all that feedback. Specifically issues with blurry images taken with the Evernote camera as well as issues with the web clipper should now be resolved.

Please do reply to this post with any issues you hit with the update as well as any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this idea

From inside a new note, select the paper clip.  In the lower part of the list that pops up is 'Record Audio'.

Also, under Settings/Notes/Customise + Button it is possible to add 'Audio' to the New Note button.  This allows the creation of a new note and starts recording audio automatically.

Does this solve your problem?

The following has been written to your FaceBook wall in the hope that EverNote will respond to concerns regarding security and 'bloatware'. I really do like the Evernote product but need some assurances before installing the app. As you'll read Evernote needs to better take note of Social media and respond to concerns in the Galaxy Play / Apple store.

I'm wanting to install Evernote on my Samsung tab. I use it on my Ma
c and it runs great there. However, when reading the latest user reviews on the Galaxy Apps store there are quite a number of worrying reviews of late: these include complaints of 'bloatware' and that the app isn't easily uninstalled users actually complain it that it reinstalls itself. There are also some particularly concerning security permissions: 1. Accessing devices phone calls, 2. Camera - 'can be used 'without your confirmation' 3. Microphone - 'can be used 'without your confirmation'. There are also some negative comments on the Apple Store but these are different issues. It doesn't look like Evernote is monitoring the stores otherwise, I'm sure there would be some effort to respond and resolve said issues. These complaints do not fill me with confidence that your app has great integrity. So I will only be using the service through a Web browser. It is a shame as the app makes things so much more easily when researching and taking notes on the road however, I'm not willing to deal with these concerns. Does someone care to respond?

I've just discovered I can't even access Evernote on Android browsers and am directed to download the App. Given my complaints it seems Evernote is steering Android users to the 'dodgy' app. Not great guys why are you blocking us from the website?

• Level 5*
On 05/03/2016 at 2:21 AM, alexarathoon said:

The following has been written to your FaceBook wall in the hope that EverNote will respond to concerns regarding security and 'bloatware'. I really do like the Evernote product but need some assurances before installing the app. As you'll read Evernote needs to better take note of Social media and respond to concerns in the Galaxy Play / Apple store.

I'm wanting to install Evernote on my Samsung tab. I use it on my Ma
c and it runs great there. However, when reading the latest user reviews on the Galaxy Apps store there are quite a number of worrying reviews of late: these include complaints of 'bloatware' and that the app isn't easily uninstalled users actually complain it that it reinstalls itself. There are also some particularly concerning security permissions: 1. Accessing devices phone calls, 2. Camera - 'can be used 'without your confirmation' 3. Microphone - 'can be used 'without your confirmation'. There are also some negative comments on the Apple Store but these are different issues. It doesn't look like Evernote is monitoring the stores otherwise, I'm sure there would be some effort to respond and resolve said issues. These complaints do not fill me with confidence that your app has great integrity. So I will only be using the service through a Web browser. It is a shame as the app makes things so much more easily when researching and taking notes on the road however, I'm not willing to deal with these concerns. Does someone care to respond?

I've just discovered I can't even access Evernote on Android browsers and am directed to download the App. Given my complaints it seems Evernote is steering Android users to the 'dodgy' app. Not great guys why are you blocking us from the website?

A little late to the party,  but in case someone's still listening...

Android's (or Google's) requirements for apps to state the permissions they need mean that if Evernote wishes to use the microphone to record something at your request,  they still have to ask for total access.  Most apps ask for similarly wide access.

Evernote has some security information that may reassure you - start here:  https://evernote.com/security/

The mobile apps are designed to offer all Evernote's features,  including access to support.  Evernote's web pages are not mobile-friendly,  so mobile access to them has been removed.

Archived