Dragging attachments from Evernote to a new message in Outlook 2013 not working in Windows 8.1

KRexin

Hi,

Dragging attachments from Evernote to a new message in Outlook 2013 is not working in Windows 8.1.  It works when I drag an attachment from Evernote to a new message in Outlook 2013 on Windows 7.

As a work around in Windows 8.1, I have to drag the file to the desktop or other folder, and then drag to the new message.

Evernote 5.8.4.6870 (274870) Public is installed on both operating systems.

Any tips to get this working in Windows 8.1 or is this a bug?

• Level 5*

Might be more a Windows than an Evernote thing..  I generally find that drag and drop via a desktop works well,  while other routes don't.  Having said which I'm using 8.1 and Outlook 2013,  and I just dragged a PDF attachment from a note directly to a message window and got an instant copy.  What kind of attachments are you dragging,  and at what stage of the message are you adding them?

Hi Gazumped,

It appears that I cannot drag and drop any file type from an Evernote note to a new email message.  I've tried pdf, txt, docx, xlsx, and htm.  Stands to reason that no type will work.  Interestingly enough I can drag over the entire Evernote note to the new message and the .enex file is attached (as expected), but that's not what I want or need to happen.

what stage of the message are you adding them?

When drafting a new email message, or replying to, or forwarding a message.

• Level 5*

Strange - I tried creating a new message and responding to an existing one,  in both cases dragging an image and a pdf from a note into the message.  All was working for me.  You could try the old switch everything off,  and switch it all back on again to see if there's a miracle cure,  or if you check Outlook help there are a variety of suggestions for troubleshooting there.

There were recent updates to lots of Evernote versions so you could also try uninstalling/ reinstalling the app.  Make sure you have the latest version,  and backup your database first.

Archived