Feature suggestion - audio recording

jmd0116

Idea

I use Penultimate and the Evernote version JotScript. Just ordered v2. It is a very nice note taking solution. My biggest complaint is the lack of simultaneous audio recording. Apps like Notability offer a nice implementation of audio recording where playback matches where your pen was on the page. The problem is, Notability is terrible for note taking!

Might you find a way to add audio recording? Do others use a work around for classes, conferences or meetings?

Thanks

Jonathan

2 replies to this idea

I use Penultimate and the Evernote version JotScript. Just ordered v2. It is a very nice note taking solution. My biggest complaint is the lack of simultaneous audio recording. Apps like Notability offer a nice implementation of audio recording where playback matches where your pen was on the page. The problem is, Notability is terrible for note taking!

Might you find a way to add audio recording? Do others use a work around for classes, conferences or meetings?

Thanks

Jonathan

I'd take another look at Notability if I were you.  I had the same issue.  I am an Evernote power user, but I needed the ability of audio synched notes for meetings & trainings to go to specific information at a tap.  

I used to use Livescribe for this, but will never purchase another one of their products, after buying several flawed new items, and their proprietary format.

Hoping Evernote rolls this feature out, or buys Notability.  Notability has improved dramatically probably even since you posted this.  I'm now using it on iPad Pro.  Notability's biggest downfall for me, compared to Evernote is lack of good organization/tagging/fitting in with my Evernote workflow, and the inability to URL local link to specific notes as you can in Evernote.

Archived