Question: how to remember sorting order Notes

HappyFace

Every time I open Everynote Desktop Windows,

the default sorting order is by date (Update, reverse sort order).

I change it to sort by "Title" and it will stay that way, until I restart the computer.

Is there a way to set the default sorting order ??

Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*

@CS:  So, does that mean that you have to make sure each time you exit Evernote you have set the sort order?

If so, I wonder if it is really saving the user any time.  I guess it would if the user always kept the sort order the same, with rare exception.

What would really be helpful is if Evernote would provide the most common sort columns at the top of the Snippet list so that a simple click or two would sort like you want (like clicking on the column headers of the Side/Top List views).

This has come up many times.  Here's an example of how the UI could look.  This is EN Mac, but could look similar for EN Win.

Example of UI for Easy Sorting in Snippet View

EN-Mac-Sort-Indicator.png

• Level 5*

@CS:  So, does that mean that you have to make sure each time you exit Evernote you have set the sort order?

If so, I wonder if it is really saving the user any time.  I guess it would if the user always kept the sort order the same, with rare exception.

AFAIK, no.  Nothing changes relative to default sort order if you exit EN by closing the window by clicking on the  X.  The sort order is "replaced" when you do FIle - Exit.  

So if you set the sort, do the File - Exit and from that point always exit via the X, the sort order should be preserved each time you start EN..

Archived