I can't use the Align Left, Centre, Align Right shortcuts on my Mac Evernote App

I can do it through the UI buttons and menu bar options, but shortcuts lead to an error tone on my Mac Pro. 

Incase anyone is wondering, these are the shortcuts: 

⌥ ⌘ { – Align Left

⌥ ⌘ } – Align Right
⌥ ⌘ | – Center

All other shortcuts seem to work just fine. 
  • Level 5*

Make sure you’re pressing the shift key. Option-Cmd-{ is really Option-Cmd-Shift-[

This may, or may not, be obvious to all users.  Generally I have observed on the Mac that if SHIFT is required, it is shown in the shortcut key.

Evernote might consider adding SHIFT symbol (⇧) to the shortcuts shown in the menu.

• Like 1

Make sure you’re pressing the shift key. Option-Cmd-{ is really Option-Cmd-Shift-[

This may, or may not, be obvious to all users.  Generally I have observed on the Mac that if SHIFT is required, it is shown in the shortcut key.

Evernote might consider adding SHIFT symbol (⇧) to the shortcuts shown in the menu.

I agree, now that I think about it. It's counterintuitive. 

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
36 minutes ago, ahmed younes said:

Is it possible to be able to fix rather than always changing it during typing? 

please consider this feature as it's very important for other languages which use right to left 

Not sure what you want "fixed"
As posted above, it only requires the correct shortcut keys to be used

Or, since we're on a Mac, use system preferences to define different shortcut keys

• 3 years later...

Hello, i have a similar problem,  but solution with "shift" dont work. Left and Right align shortcuts works fine, but when i try to use shortcut "Align Center"  - command+option+shift+| - nothing happens, because on standard keymap on mac character "|" available just with "shift" pressed and nothing else. 
It very strange that i cant find similar problem in google, cause it could applies to all mac users. 

• 10 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, ac1d said:

Hello, i have a similar problem,  but solution with "shift" dont work. Left and Right align shortcuts works fine, but when i try to use shortcut "Align Center"  - command+option+shift+| - nothing happens, because on standard keymap on mac character "|" available just with "shift" pressed and nothing else. 
It very strange that i cant find similar problem in google, cause it could applies to all mac users. 

Hello !
My Right Align shortcut doesn't work but I think I can help you with the "Align Center" one. Personally, I press Shift-Option-Cmd-l (the last key is the l letter key, among other letters) and it works. However, the Right Align shortcut doesn't work, whereas the Left Align one does...
What keys do you press to use the Right Align shortcut ?
Thank you very much in advance for your help ! :) 

EDIT : Actually, the Right Align shortcut didn't work because it was associated with an other feature ! So I modified this feature shortcut (in Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts) and added a new one in "Apps shortcuts", corresponding with Evernote Right Align shortcut and this worked ! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

You are posting in the forum for the legacy client. If you mean the legacy client, there were only a hand full of shortcuts available. They could be altered in the apps settings - but alignment was not among them.

The new version has a lot more shortcuts, and on the Mac a big part of them can be edited. Open the shortcuts list and hover with the mouse over one of them. In front of the shortcut description 3 dots show (not at the rear !). In the little submenu that appears many shortcuts can be user redefined. If I am not mistaken, the alignment shortcuts on the Mac client are not in the section with editable shortcuts.