Carriage returns using Outlook Add-In

Andy Helms

Hi,

I'm a relatively new Evernote user and only became a member in January 2015.  I'm already enjoying the benefits of Evernote to organize the various notes I take, and I'd really like to expand my usage to saving important emails (that I have previously saved in an Outlook .PST file).  I have the Microsoft Outlook 2013 add-in and have no problem actually adding the emails to Evernote; however, Evernote appears to remove any carriage returns/line spacing when

I would love to use Evernote to storage important emails that I would typically save in my Outlook .PST folder.  I have the Microsoft Outlook 2013 Add-In, but every time I add an email to Evernote using it, it seems to remove carriage returns/line spacing from the email thread.  It's a rather horrible formatting that makes reading through the email thread difficult because all of the text is jumbled together.

For example, the email thread looks like this:

Please submit your documentation by Friday, April 3.

Thanks,

John Doe

Administrative Assistant

My Company

When I add the email to Evernote, it's formatted like this:

Please submit your documentation by Friday, April 3.

Thanks,

John Doe

Administrative Assistant

My Company

Is there any way to make Evernote stop removing extra spacing and/or carriage returns from the email when using the Outlook add-in?  If not, I'm going to have to stick with saving my emails in an Outlook .PST file which would be really unfortunate.  If it matters, I'm running Microsoft Outlook 2013 (15.0.4701.1000) on Windows 7 (64-bit OS) and using Evernote 5.8.4.6870.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Archived