Feature Request: Windows 7: Notes in Jump List

geocoo

I really think Evernote should put something like Frequent & Pinned/Favourite & Recent Notes in it's Windows 7 Jump List:

A Windows Jump List is the menu that comes up when you right click (or click and drag straight up) an Application's Task Bar Icon, or click the right arrow on it's larger Startup Menu Entry.

I find them useful and quick to launch frequently used/pinned/recent documents directly from an Application's Task Bar Icon.

Microsoft Office Applications have Pinned & Recent documents:

J6cK6uT.png

Chrome has Pinned, Most Visited, Recently Closed and Tasks:

7J1i62v.png

Evernote only has Tasks and potential space for useful note sections (I guess a mix of Pinned/Favourite [Perhaps from in App], Frequent and Recent):

1ioFQ9b.png

So, I hope you can do it!

Thanks! :lol:

• 5 months later...

Hi anyone!?

Bumping this because I strongly think this is a really really useful feature which is needed. - sorry if you don't. Maybe I'll have to find an evernote alternative, but it's a shame as EverNote has so much potential and hard work already done!

By doing jumplists:

You could help all your (at least Windows, maybe more if OS support it) users be more productive by educating them of Jump Lists too, they are a handy feature of Windows.

How often do you use the same note in a day or a week? - but don't want your taskbar or grouped taskbar Evernote entries cluttered by having to keep them open all the time??

Do you always want to have to open to the Evernote main window, locate the note, and open it in the relatively cluttered interface?

You could just right click the taskbar (or sysTray if possible) icon and click on recently modified and PINNED notes - It would be awesome!!

I don't think it's efficient the current way!

If anyone could enlighten me of another way to quickly get to frequent and recent notes (not opening main evernote window first) I would be hugely grateful!

Even creating explorer shortcuts etc (not sure how I would monitor the evernote notes DB though). I use Kana Launcher for filesystem based pop up menus so if can get in there, that would help.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Don't know if EN is considering jump lists as you have defined. 

A two click workaround would be to put your frequent/favorites in a TOC note and then put that note in the shortcut bar.  Then just click the shortcut, click the note.  If you don't want or have EN open at the time, create a shortcut on the desktop using the note link of the TOC note.  That will open EN to the note.

Relative to recent notes, if you click and hold the back arrow button in the toolbar you will see the most recent 10 notes. 

Archived