No Auto Hyperlinks in 5.8.5.7051

ln899

I've just installed this prerelease version on my desktop and laptop.  It seems that the authomatic hyperlinking feature (for URLs and email addresses) is broken.  When I hit enter after inserting a URL or email address, nothing happens.

I'm using Windows 7-64, w. latest updates.

Any ideas?

Seems to be working for me - are you hitting return or space after the paste?

Yes, as I have always done, for years.  It doesn't do anything with this update.  Note that I am experiencing the same issue on two separate computers, albeit with the same OS on both.

Is there some setting that turns this funtion on and off?  Perhaps I've inadvertently changed it?

• Level 5*

Just re-tested on my laptop,  and a variety of URL pastes instantly come up as links.  Can't think of any settings in Windows or in Evernote that would affect this..  and the fact you have the same problem on more than one PC is just puzzling.  I can only suggest (unless one of the techie guys comments here) that you try raising a support request.  If you're not a premium user it may be worth upgrading for a month or two while this gets sorted out - and please let us know here when you eventually fix this!

Just re-tested on my laptop,  and a variety of URL pastes instantly come up as links.  Can't think of any settings in Windows or in Evernote that would affect this..  and the fact you have the same problem on more than one PC is just puzzling.  I can only suggest (unless one of the techie guys comments here) that you try raising a support request.  If you're not a premium user it may be worth upgrading for a month or two while this gets sorted out - and please let us know here when you eventually fix this!

Miscommunication here, perhaps.  URLs copied and pasted in do come up as links, instantly, as you say.  However, URLs and email addresses, if they are typed in, do not. Even after hitting return, which always used to do the job.

I am a premium user.  Have been for years.

I'd be interested to see if typed-in URLs and email addresses convert for you as they used to.

Thanks!

Archived