FEATURE REQUEST : Functional To-Do lists

Saad Khan

Idea

I just thought of a feature that would make Evernote way more useful for me , and maybe even replace a few more apps in my App drawer

Just like "Handwriting" and "Audio Note" ,it would be nice to have a to-do list option two ,in which a to-do list with checkmarks would be generated, and (this is where it goes beyond the regular check box option) , when you check mark an item it would automatically get striked out and move to the end of the list .

this would serve the function that many to-do list apps do, within Evernote, eliminating the need for them ( for a few of us at least)

What do you guys think? :)

4 replies to this idea

I think you need to look into Evernote's Reminders. Any notes given a Reminder appear in the Reminder List... and in the Reminder List, you can check items off as you requested above... plus you have a few useful sorting options besides the ability to sort manually by dragging and dropping. 

* When utilizing the Reminders list, remember that your note titles become your actual tasks. You can further diversify by using the note body itself if you wish. Here's an article I wrote that might be of some stimulation:

http://www.productivitymashup.com/blog/2014/10/16/kanban-calendar-evernote-series-2-of-5

Thanks ! :)

But the reminders apply to whole notes , 

what i had envisioned was a list within a note 

i saw your post too...

Its one way to do it , but yeah , you'd have a seperate note for each task , and then a Notebook for each say Project or Assignment, but you coudnt group beyong that 

See i have notebooks for a few projects im working on in y company , 

and for example i have a note "Bugs & errors", in which i have a checklist of stuff that needs to be sorted out 

i'd really appreciate a To-Do list type of Note here 

thanks again for your advice 

:)

Thanks ! :)

But the reminders apply to whole notes , 

what i had envisioned was a list within a note 

i saw your post too...

Its one way to do it , but yeah , you'd have a seperate note for each task , and then a Notebook for each say Project or Assignment, but you coudnt group beyong that 

See i have notebooks for a few projects im working on in y company , 

and for example i have a note "Bugs & errors", in which i have a checklist of stuff that needs to be sorted out 

i'd really appreciate a To-Do list type of Note here 

thanks again for your advice 

:)

This is a much requested feature, so you're not alone. Personally, I would recommend WorkFlowy... 

If you'd like to stick to Evernote, there is a 3rd-party app called Swipes... you'll find it on Android, iOS and the web. It extracts checkboxed lists from your EN account and consolidates them in an intuitive interface... give it a quick look. You'll be able to strike your to-do's out.

I just thought of a feature that would make Evernote way more useful for me , and maybe even replace a few more apps in my App drawer

Just like "Handwriting" and "Audio Note" ,it would be nice to have a to-do list option two ,in which a to-do list with checkmarks would be generated, and (this is where it goes beyond the regular check box option) , when you check mark an item it would automatically get striked out and move to the end of the list .

this would serve the function that many to-do list apps do, within Evernote, eliminating the need for them ( for a few of us at least)

Waiting for this feature since long. But i guess they are not paying attention towards it. Also option to archive notes once all to dos are completed. this will prevent from overcrowding the notebook. Hope they do something about it

Archived