Jump to content
MitchS

Desktop app says upload limit reached; web app shows full 60mb available

Recommended Posts

I had a premium account that expired a couple days ago as I no longer need that much capacity.

 

Today I opened Evernote on my desktop for the first time in a week or so, and received a message that my free upload limit has been reached with 29 days remaining in the cycle.  I have had no recent uploads, nothing unsynced in trash, nothing that would use the 60mb for a free account.  

 

I searched this forum and found a suggestion to log into the web app, resync, and then the desktop app should show the correct amount available.  No luck!  

 

I went so far as to reinstall Evernote on my computer.  No luck doing that either.

 

Any other ideas on how to get this fixed?  

 

Share this post


Link to post

Does EN Web show the same "limit reached" information if you log in via Evernote.com?

 

If so I'd suggest that you raise a support ticket - choose "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

 

It's possible that you could rename your database folder and rebuild it from the server (after exporting any unsynced notes / local notebooks to ENEX  files) to correct the note count,  but if the server says you're at the limit,  then only the support team can help you out.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the reply.  EN Web shows the full 60mb is available.  Been trying to submit a support ticket but it just hangs ... 

Share this post


Link to post

Problem has somehow solved itself ... this morning I created a new note in EN Web (beta version.)  Went back to EN Windows Desktop, clicked 'sync' and the new web note appeared in the desktop. I opened account settings and it now shows I've used only 1% of my monthly allowance.  All is right in the world again ...  ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I searched this forum and found a suggestion to log into the web app, resync, and then the desktop app should show the correct amount available.  No luck!  

Since the web version deals directly with the Evernote servers, there is no syncing from the web client. You should sync the DESKTOP client in order for it to pull the correct/accurate amount from the EN servers.

Problem has somehow solved itself ... this morning I created a new note in EN Web (beta version.)  Went back to EN Windows Desktop, clicked 'sync' and the new web note appeared in the desktop. I opened account settings and it now shows I've used only 1% of my monthly allowance.  All is right in the world again ...  ;)

No mystery there. Since you synced the DESKTOP client, it pulled the correct amount from the servers.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks BurgersNFries.  Perhaps I wasn't clear ... all attempts at syncing were done via the desktop app.  (As you stated, there is no syncing from the web client, so I could not have been doing that ... )

 

It wasn't until I created a new note in the web client, and then went back to the desktop and synced, that the problem went away.   The creation of the new note was the key... the desktop would not sync until then.  Seems like a mystery was indeed there .... but the problem has been solved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...