Syncing problems (ticket logged ticket # 986970) NO REPLY !

I have been using Evernote for about 3 years and am a Premium member.

I use Evernote on my Laptop running Windows 7, my Samsung Galaxy Notepro 12.2 (Android 4.4.2) & Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Lollipop 5) And love the product.

My problem is that I have noticed that my latest notes are regularly overwritten with older versions. Inside my notes I record a date per entry in each note allowing me to track my notes easily. When I suspect notes are not current, I go into the History of my notes and check the older notes, I find my previous notes and have to recover them. This is a problem as I have to constantly check to ensure I have the latest version. My notes are critical as I use them to track business activity across multiple customer accounts. I have supplied a copy of a screen capture showing a note experiencing this problem.

I have logged this with Evernote Support on the 16th March initially - noooo response. I followed up with a mail on the 19th March asking for someone to respond - NO Reply. Today is the 22nd n still noooo response.

I even tried sending a mail today to the Sales department asking them to get someone in support to respond.

Who do I need to speak to to get support ?

I have attempted to recreate the problem by updating the same note on 2 seperate devices & saving, but this creates a note conflict which is great. I then tried to take one device offline and leave the other online. Once again I updated the same note on each device. This too created a note conflict. I did this on 2 Android devices. I will try again on an Android & Windows device to see the result

It appears that in some situations a note is returned from several days before overwriting the current version. The original note I mentioned in my original posting reverted to 2 weeks earlier overwriting my latest note. No nor conflict is created.

Ran the same test on a Windows & Android device with Evernote. Exactly the same result. Conflict notes created which is correct.

The question remains, why is a note reverted by +-2 weeks to am older version.

I have had this occur more than once across several different notes.

Can Evernote Support please respond

• Level 5*

I have attempted to recreate the problem by updating the same note on 2 seperate devices & saving, but this creates a note conflict which is great. I then tried to take one device offline and leave the other online. Once again I updated the same note on each device. This too created a note conflict. I did this on 2 Android devices. I will try again on an Android & Windows device to see the result

It appears that in some situations a note is returned from several days before overwriting the current version. The original note I mentioned in my original posting reverted to 2 weeks earlier overwriting my latest note. No nor conflict is created.

Hi.  Evernote Support aren't readers of these forums,  though staff developers are.  The main responders here are other users with information and suggestions for workarounds and fixes.

Support work mainly by email and will acknowledge a report immediately with a reference number.  As soon as possible a 'real' person will investigate and follow up,  though at the moment that seems to take several working days hence your experience so far.  

If you check the support page,  there's also a Chat function which is available 7am-7pm PST weekdays,  and will get you a real person to talk to.

Archived