LoopyNZ

ENML_Validation errors preventing Notes from syncing

I have Evernote Desktop 5.8.4.6870 on my Windows 7 machine. 

I have an .enex file with 272 notes. This export was made from within a local notebook in that exact Evernote a few hours ago.

I import it to a synchronised notebook (with default name "Imported Notes"). The notebook properties show it as "synchronised" not "local".

I click "Sync". It whirrs away for a while, then all 272 notes appear in a local notebook "Unsynchronised Notes".

My Activity Log shows a lot of this error: "11:52:21 [3596] 5% * Note 4108, error: The element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>". (ENML_VALIDATION)"

There are also a few others like:

"11:42:29 [388] 5% * Note 3564, error: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference. (ENML_VALIDATION)"

"11:42:29 [388] 5% * Note 3772, error: The reference to entity "M" must end with the ';' delimiter. (ENML_VALIDATION)"

"11:42:29 [388] 5% * Note 3775, error: The element type "en-note" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</en-note>". (ENML_VALIDATION)"

How can I get these notes successfully synced (in a way that doesn't involve repeating a process 272 times)?

- LoopyNZ -

Hi.  Do you still have the original database?  It sounds like the export might have been the problem - I've used ENEX files several times recently without any problems.  The way to fix them may be to re-export the notes.

Failing that,  ENEX imports give me the option of importing to a different notebook,  and suggests a local notebook so that I won't exceed any upload limits.  I'd suggest retrying the import to a different notebook,  paying special attention to any options that come up.

Despite the errors the notes might still be usable - do they look OK once imported?  Part of the import process is to fix any errors found...